anyone using GA-965P-S3 rev 3.3 and 7950gx2?

Old October 29th 07, 01:28 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
SumGuy[_2_]

Default anyone using GA-965P-S3 rev 3.3 and 7950gx2?

I can't enable CPU Host Clock Control in the BIOS.

I checked the FAQ for this board and the nearest advice I could find was to
update past BIOS F3.

I've never had F3, but had been using F10 and F12.

I did have revision 1 of the same board, and could enable CPU Host Clock
Control using the same VGA card, (all other components the same).

I sent an email to Gigabyte, but am wondering if anyone else had this
problem and overcame it - short of swapping VGA cards.

I really wanted to "enjoy" my new Q6600 CPU :-)

Cheers

Old November 9th 07, 07:16 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
SumGuy[_2_]

"SumGuy" wrote in message
I can't in the BIOS.

I checked the FAQ for this board and the nearest advice I could find was
to update past BIOS F3.

I've never had F3, but had been using F10 and F12.

I did have revision 1 of the same board, and could enable CPU Host Clock
Control using the same VGA card, (all other components the same).

I sent an email to Gigabyte, but am wondering if anyone else had this
problem and overcame it - short of swapping VGA cards.

I really wanted to "enjoy" my new Q6600 CPU :-)

Cheers

Arrgh!

I emailed Gigabyte support and they did reply, suggesting I try a different
card and if that didn't work I should send the board back under warranty, so
I tried a 7600GS in the rev 3.3 board and that did work, I could change the
bus speed.

Put the 7950gx2 in the rev 1 board and I couldn't enable CPU Host Clock
Control in that board either - on the first rev 1 board I had I could enable
the CPU Host Clock Control.

Then I put the 7950gx2 into an elcheapo Asus board and I could change the
bus speed on that board...

sigh!