.....wants to send ICMP packet to your machine

Old August 17th 09, 03:53 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
RF[_4_]

Default .....wants to send ICMP packet to your machine

Hi Experts,

I have been watching this parade of attempts to access my Win2K kernel.
Is it reasonable to assume that these are safe or? My Kerio firewall is
grabbing them by the throat every time one comes by. Great guy Kerio :-)

TIA

PS Maybe a web site on security would be a more appropriate to post
this. Anyone know of a good one?

1 Someone on address S01060023cdc72ccb.wp.shawcable.net
[24.79.134.211] wants to send ICMP packet to your machine.

2 Someone on address 66-215-175-74.dhcp.snbr.ca.charter.com
[66.215.175.74] wants to send ICMP packet to your machine

3 118.173.238.87.adsl.dynamic.totbb.net
[118.173.238.87] wants to send ICMP packet to your machine

In all cases Details about Application a tcpip kernel driver.
Old August 18th 09, 04:50 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
kony

On Sun, 16 Aug 2009 19:53:36 -0700, RF wrote:

Hi Experts,

I have been watching this parade of attempts to access my Win2K kernel.
Is it reasonable to assume that these are safe or? My Kerio firewall is
grabbing them by the throat every time one comes by. Great guy Kerio :-)

TIA

PS Maybe a web site on security would be a more appropriate to post
this. Anyone know of a good one?

1 Someone on address S01060023cdc72ccb.wp.shawcable.net
[24.79.134.211] wants to send ICMP packet to your machine.

2 Someone on address 66-215-175-74.dhcp.snbr.ca.charter.com
[66.215.175.74] wants to send ICMP packet to your machine

3 118.173.238.87.adsl.dynamic.totbb.net
[118.173.238.87] wants to send ICMP packet to your machine

In all cases Details about Application a tcpip kernel driver.

They are probably benign, something as simple as your IP
address being PINGed, but what is there to do? Leave all
traffic, all ports you don't need, closed and disabled...
only opening something in the firewall if you have need
because it prevents functionality you want.

best packet writing software? [email protected] Cdr 10 July 15th 07 01:03 AM
Packet writing [email protected] Cdr 14 January 22nd 04 07:33 AM
CD-RW & packet writing? Lesley Anne Cdr 9 January 16th 04 05:06 PM
Packet writing and XP Home Brendan R. Wehrung Cdr 15 January 7th 04 07:33 AM
Packet writing and different media Rick Pali Cdr 9 September 20th 03 06:26 PM