1 PC / 2 monitors

Old August 13th 06, 03:22 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Michael C

Default 1 PC / 2 monitors

Is there a way to run 2 monitors on a windows xp machine but have 1 monitor
run a powerpoint slide only and not be part of the normal desktop. I've been
asked this several times with companies wanting to run a display at their
reception using the existing reception PC but without the mouse being able
to move onto the second monitor or any windows being able to open or be
moved onto the second window.

Thanks for any replies
Michael

Old August 14th 06, 03:37 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
WindsorFox

Michael C wrote:
Is there a way to run 2 monitors on a windows xp machine but have 1 monitor
run a powerpoint slide only and not be part of the normal desktop. I've been
asked this several times with companies wanting to run a display at their
reception using the existing reception PC but without the mouse being able
to move onto the second monitor or any windows being able to open or be
moved onto the second window.

Thanks for any replies
Michael

I don't know, but those are two of the longest sentences I have ever
seen.

--
I used to have abs. Now, I've just got ab.
One big ol' Ab. - BigSkiff www.titanspot.com

Pyongyang sounds more like the sound effect an ACME catapult makes
as it goes off at precisely the wrong moment for Wile E. Coyote. -
Cadbury Moose
Old August 18th 06, 04:06 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Michael C

"WindsorFox" wrote in message
I don't know, but those are two of the longest sentences I have ever
seen.

I found the solution. It's called BeTwin which is a $99 piece of software
that allows a single PC to act as 2 different PCs. You just connect 2
monitors, 2 keyboards and 2 mice.

Michael