-=advice and hardware=-

Old January 14th 05, 04:50 PM
techumseh

Default -=advice and hardware=-

opinions: anyone know anything about the SLOT1 (intel) adaptors
that lurk in the fine print of cpu retailers? ive seen a couple
that allow the slot1 to "adapt"to higher powered celerons/pentiums
(fc-pga/pga2 for example). have a tekram p6bx-a that i would
like to update. but if these adaptors suck (which i suspect they may)...

[SEQUITOR]

....A cpu for the above mentioned board -- i think the highest a
slot1 goes is 800 (?) or assuming i use one of these slot-adaptors
then Celeron Processor FC-PGA Socket 370 1.0 or 1.1 ghz (not pga2)
I also need one of these for a cognac+ board ive got running a 733
celeron now. so that makes 2 total. Other scenerio just one of
the FCPGA 1/1.1 and a SLOT1 best i can get.
--please note that of course a pentium would also work but usually
the cost increase isent worth it to me with these older boxes.
so pentiums of equal specs i would also consider for right price
(example ive seen the pentium retail for 89 and celrons as low
low as 49 in both cases new) im ok with pulls if you can provide
reliable references..such as reliability rating at ebay.

alsoneeded:
64 mb PCI video card for the cognac+
512MB 133 RAM but must be in 2 DIMM pack cognac+
1 512 133 RAM in single DIMM tekram
a couple of 6gig (minimum) eide-HD (no 5400 rpm please)

cash or trade (assorted crap here)
please email me as my NS kinda sucks and i often miss replies
truth be told i would like to establish a business relationship (s)
with reputable people as i seem to be getting drawn into
the refurbed business.

ADDENDUM: trolls and n00bs
please dont email links to tiger-direct or baber.com or such silliness to
me. i am only intrested in links to soemthing that IS substantialy
cheaper then the run of the mill places. i have accounts with
with plenty of resalers and DO NOT need anymore corporate links.
all you dinks with advice like "you shouldnt overclock your cleron"
and "the manual says it only takes 256mb of RAM" please understand
that i to am capable of reading and even tieing my shoes on good days
i am not asking for for a random onslaught of opinions nor trying
to start a thread for you to impress us all with your geekness.
SPECIFICLY asking about the SLOT1 adaptors..thats ALL TIA
now with all that said im going to very nervously give my real email

im sure ill regret it but maybe a few will not be spam.
PLEASE help if you actully can. i will also consider buying
used emachines in good working order but keep in mind
i rarely give more then 75 dollars and 35 is typical.
please use the email as i prob miss replies :/
Old January 20th 05, 02:18 AM
Singleton

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 16:50:14 GMT, techumseh
wrote:

cash or trade (assorted crap here)
please email me as my NS kinda sucks and i often miss replies
truth be told i would like to establish a business relationship (s)
with reputable people as i seem to be getting drawn into
the refurbed business.

I hope you are ISO 2000-2002 compliant.