segate hard disk died in a vauge conditions!!!! could you help!!??

Old April 5th 04, 01:59 PM
Hesham Elhadad

Default segate hard disk died in a vauge conditions!!!! could you help!!??

Hi All,
I have a snall problem with my segate hard disk drive. the peoblem is
happened as follow:
The Pc which contains the above mentioned drive went to a hang state,
unfortunately the user at that time was unfamiliar with PCs saftey and
unplug the power supply cords to get the PC rebooted.

the above procedure has happened 3 or 4 times in the same working
session.

finally, i have a dead hard disk drive whom can not be seen by the
PC's IDE detector on the BIOS.
I tried to make the hard be seen by the PC but it sometimes success
and sometimes looks completely dead.
in the good times, i try to use FDSIK and i got a srtange result that
indicate i have only 500MB as primary drive (knowing that the hard is
13GB) and when i tried to make them bootable or make this parttion as
a primary DOC one the process fails and never complete...!!!!

the hard disk was used by 2 different OS (win XP and win 98) i used
NTFS for the Win XP and FAT32 for the Win 98...

if anyone has a clarification of what exactley happened to my hard so
i can afford it in the next time ...or may have a good tips to make
bring my hard to life again....

thank you all people .....

Hesham Elhadad
Old April 14th 04, 03:11 PM
gumshoe99

It sounds like the hard drive was starting to go bad, perhaps
developing bad sectors. This would cause your computer to 'hang' when
running programs. This, of course, just got worse and worse. The
best thing to do now is to get a new hard drive, and try to read your
old data from the bad hard drive, if it still recognizes at all. You
should have done this immediately, before the hard drive deteriorated
too badly.

Cannot boot from secondary hard disk (bios setup) Ian Compaq Computers 1 January 5th 05 10:13 PM
Presario 3000 - very slow hard disk David Thiel Compaq Computers 1 October 17th 04 04:18 AM
Problem with IDE hard disk on ASUS motherboard P2B-DS [email protected] Asus Motherboards 1 August 28th 04 01:18 AM
Protable USB hard disk ma General 3 August 1st 04 02:28 AM
RAID card for my PC?? TANKIE General 5 May 22nd 04 01:09 AM