High Resolution Displays and Web Pages

Old December 17th 04, 01:56 PM

Default High Resolution Displays and Web Pages

I bought an Inspiron 8600 notebook and a Latitude D800 notebook on
ebay. I plan to keep one and sell the other. The specs are very similar
on the two machines but the displays have very different resolutions.
The Inspiron has 1280 x 800 pixels while the Latitude has 1920 x 1200
pixels. Until now I've been using an Inspiron 8100 with 1400 x 1050
pixels. I know there are ways to adjust the display settings in windows
so that text looks better on higher resolution displays. 2 websites I
found are
http://blogs.msdn.com/tonyschr/archi.../23/94391.aspx
and
http://www1.us.dell.com/content/topi...n&s=corp&~f=lg

With these adjustments text looks good in most applications. However,
many websites look weird on higher resolution displays. I use FireFox
and Internet Explorer. Are there any changes to the browser settings
that will make websites look better?

I'll be using the computer for general use, web browsing, email, & word
processing. Which one do you think I should keep, the Inspiron or the
Latitude?

Daniel