Where R older Drivers

Old May 26th 04, 01:27 AM
Jack Black

Default Where R older Drivers

I have an Nvidia TNT 2M64 4XAgp (Dell) video card and I have never
updated the driver since I bought the computer over 4 years ago. I
have been advise that the new 5x.xx drivers may prove unstable for my
system.

If it's one thing I don't need ...........it's a more unstable system.
Are older drivers still available somewhere............if so....where?

Or should leave well enough alone??

Thanks

Old May 26th 04, 02:21 AM
Biz

"Jack Black" wrote in message
I have an Nvidia TNT 2M64 4XAgp (Dell) video card and I have never
updated the driver since I bought the computer over 4 years ago. I
have been advise that the new 5x.xx drivers may prove unstable for my
system.

If it's one thing I don't need ...........it's a more unstable system.
Are older drivers still available somewhere............if so....where?

Or should leave well enough alone??

Thanks

www.guru3d.com
www.nvidia.com

nVidia has a full official drivers archive section at their site, but many
people seem to either ignore it, or just can't plain read(not intended for
you)

Old May 26th 04, 11:23 AM
SoftMan Brian

"Biz" wrote in message
news
www.guru3d.com
www.nvidia.com

nVidia has a full official drivers archive section at their site, but many
people seem to either ignore it, or just can't plain read(not intended for
you)

Try finding a TNT1 (Win2k) driver there... seems nvidia "forgot" that they
once made a TNT1 chip... im not expecting them to update their drivers, but
the latest driver would be nice to get.

Old May 26th 04, 02:38 PM
BelaLvgosi

Try finding a TNT1 (Win2k) driver there... seems nvidia "forgot" that they
once made a TNT1 chip... im not expecting them to update their drivers,

but
the latest driver would be nice to get.

You just need to alter the inf as most recent drivers really support the
tnt1. As a proof, if you go to creative's site, you can download 44.04's
(first dx9 driver batch, I belive 2k and xp are the same set), they detect
my old creative riva tnt 16mb and work without a glitch, there's no reason
for them not to work with any other, just change their bmp and card name in
the inf if you don't like creative's name everywere.

Old May 26th 04, 04:42 PM
Biz

"SoftMan Brian" wrote in message
"Biz" wrote in message
news
www.guru3d.com
www.nvidia.com

nVidia has a full official drivers archive section at their site, but

many
people seem to either ignore it, or just can't plain read(not intended

for
you)

Try finding a TNT1 (Win2k) driver there... seems nvidia "forgot" that they
once made a TNT1 chip... im not expecting them to update their drivers,

but
the latest driver would be nice to get.

So you'll buy and run Win2K, but you won't get rid of a card that can be
replaced by something way faster for $25? That makes no sense whatsoever.
TNT is pre-detonator, thats all there is to it.

Old May 27th 04, 07:43 PM
Mirko

"Biz" wrote in message
news

"Jack Black" wrote in message
I have an Nvidia TNT 2M64 4XAgp (Dell) video card and I have never
updated the driver since I bought the computer over 4 years ago. I
have been advise that the new 5x.xx drivers may prove unstable for my
system.

If it's one thing I don't need ...........it's a more unstable system.
Are older drivers still available somewhere............if so....where?

Or should leave well enough alone??

Thanks

www.guru3d.com
www.nvidia.com

nVidia has a full official drivers archive section at their site, but many
people seem to either ignore it, or just can't plain read(not intended for
you)

or jump right to he

ftp://download.nvidia.com/

Old May 29th 04, 12:53 AM
SoftMan Brian

"BelaLvgosi" wrote in message

Try finding a TNT1 (Win2k) driver there... seems nvidia "forgot" that

they
once made a TNT1 chip... im not expecting them to update their drivers,

but
the latest driver would be nice to get.

You just need to alter the inf as most recent drivers really support the
tnt1. As a proof, if you go to creative's site, you can download 44.04's
(first dx9 driver batch, I belive 2k and xp are the same set), they detect
my old creative riva tnt 16mb and work without a glitch, there's no reason
for them not to work with any other, just change their bmp and card name

in
the inf if you don't like creative's name everywere.

Thanks a billion... creatives driver worked nicely (i needed the tv out for
my "DVD Player" machine (and Divx etc.) ) ... i tried the newest asus
(31,40) but it refused to recognize that my tv was connected :-(

Omega Drivers are Out! The Berzerker Ati Videocards 23 December 7th 04 08:42 PM
Asus V8200 T2 Deluxe Drivers what is better? Ben Nealon Nvidia Videocards 3 September 12th 03 05:45 AM
Parhelia Drivers Dan Matrox Videocards 0 August 2nd 03 11:12 AM
A7N8X Deluxe and SATA Drivers Bluescreening Norton Ghost Eyman Asus Motherboards 3 July 7th 03 11:01 AM
Later Nvidia drivers hogging the PCI bus? Derek Wildstar Nvidia Videocards 8 June 26th 03 02:30 AM