ATI OGL hotfix and the 9800Pro

Old June 29th 03, 08:15 AM
TT 1080i

Default ATI OGL hotfix and the 9800Pro

Ati just released a hot fix for the Cat 3.5 drivers to solve some ogl
problems.
But in the readme it supports the 9700 and below. I have a 9800
What is the deal here.
My ogl is all f'ed up.Games that used to work with 3.4

Old June 29th 03, 07:31 PM
Matti Wartiainen

"NoRemorse" wrote:
"TT 1080i" wrote in message
Ati just released a hot fix for the Cat 3.5 drivers to solve some ogl
problems.
But in the readme it supports the 9700 and below. I have a 9800
What is the deal here.
My ogl is all f'ed up.Games that used to work with 3.4

What's the url? ATI's site doesn't seem to mention it in their drivers
section.

http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/4229.html

--
----------------------------------
Matti Wartiainen.
Old June 30th 03, 06:36 AM
TT 1080i

It's listed under #2
-------------
FIX #1

The information in this article applies to the following system
configurations:
- ATI RADEON based graphics card
- CATALYST 3.5 driver suite
- NeverWinter Nights game from BioWare Corp.
Some users have reported that with the CATALYST 3.5 driver suite
installed, objects within the game may experience severe flickering.
Other OpenGL games may also be affected.

ATI Engineering has been advised of this issue are is investigating.

This issue should be resolved in an upcoming CATALYST release. The
following uncertified drivers may work around the issue in the meantime:

FIX#2

The information in this article applies to the following system
configurations:
- ATI RADEON 9100 based graphics card
- CATALYST 3.5 driver suite
- OpenGL based applications (e.g. Half Life, Quake III Arena, etc)
When launching OpenGL accelerated applications, no OpenGL hardware
rendering capable device will be found. For example, Half Life will report
the following error message:
"The Selected OpenGL mode is not supported by your video card"

This issue should be resolved in an upcoming CATALYST release. The
following uncertified drivers may work around the issue in the meantime:

Seeing that this is a complete driver package, you dont need to have the
3.5's along with this fix. Keep in mind that this is a HOTFIX, so this is
not a certified Catalyst Driver Release.

Old June 30th 03, 08:51 AM
TT 1080i

Fix 2 worked. OGL back in all of it's glory.

"TT 1080i" wrote in message
It's listed under #2