AP4P800 Motherboard BIOS message...

Old May 12th 04, 01:26 AM
Paul

In article , "Montgomery
BOO...URNS" wrote:

Hello all:

I just got my new computer up and running and it runs totally awesome - I
LOVE IT!! The Asus P4P800 motherboard is tops in my book only that there's
one thing that's annoying me every so often when I restart the computer and
that is I get this message from the BIOS:

New CPU Installed! Please enter SETUP to configure your system.
Press F1 to Run Setup
Press F2 to load default values and continue

This message seems to appear either when I change a setting through the
Control Panel on my Windows 2000, or I install a new program (not all
programs, mainly Windows or Microsoft programs), or if I change a setting on
a piece of hardware through Windows.

What can I do to keep this message from suprisingly making an appearance and
getting rid of it permanently? I've already flashed the BIOS and loaded up
the motherboard drivers.

Also, I've switched off the power supply from the switch on the back of the
supply itself only to have all the time and date settings on the BIOS reset
on me. How can I keep that from happening even if I do a complete power
supply shutdown?

--
D.Chandler
THEESUBONEGENIUS

Is this a brand new motherboard, or a refurb ?

Have you been doing the "Clear the CMOS" thing ? Did you
pull the AC plug before doing it. You can damage the ORing
diode that feeds power to the CMOS ram that holds the settings,
by clearing CMOS without killing all power to the motherboard.

The part that can get damaged is a tiny three legged device.
It has the letters "K45" printed on top. You can only read the
text with a magnifying glass. If it is burned, the text will
be illegible.

Is the CMOS coin cell dead ? If has to put out somewhere between
2V and 3V for the CMOS to hold settings. The battery is a common
one, available at many stores.

HTH,
Paul
Old May 12th 04, 02:34 AM
end user

Check the MB battery, if defective your bios settings will not be
saved.

Locust

Old May 12th 04, 03:20 AM
Montgomery BOO...URNS

Default AP4P800 Motherboard BIOS message...

[...]

Bios Failed or Motherboard busted? Knoppix User General 7 December 20th 04 08:08 PM
AGP Voltage problem John Overclocking 4 February 29th 04 10:51 AM
P4P800 Deluxe -- Bios and other Questions Eric Asus Motherboards 4 December 25th 03 03:48 AM
Couple of BIOS questions mike Asus Motherboards 0 October 17th 03 08:25 AM
bios hung while flashing mdp General 1 June 23rd 03 11:18 AM