P4P800 Deluxe random reboot problem!!!

Old May 8th 04, 11:24 PM
kamen

Default P4P800 Deluxe random reboot problem!!!

This PROBLEM is driving me NUTS!!! I have read so many posts but there
is not definite solution regarding this. Asus support is no help
either. I even tried to reformat my HD and reinstall windows but no
luck.

I have an ASUS P4P800 Deluxe motherboard
3.0Ghz Pentium IV
Corsair 512 Mb Ram
Sound Blaster Audigy
GeForce2 Ultra 64Mb
Samsung DVD/CD-RW
400W power supply
Win XP Pro

I have applied all the latest windows updates
Latest BIOS 1016 for this MotherBoard
Latest virus definitions with AVG
Latest reference file with ad-aware
Latest NIC card driver
Using onboard NIC with a linksys router
I have tried ALL versions of the BIOS for this motherboard.

I have tried to switch the sound card into another pci slot
I have done the memory tester program from windows support
I have no worms or viruses

I get the following error when I am on the NET or just listening to
music.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: System Error
Event Category: (102)
Event ID: 1003
Date: 5/8/2004
Time: 4:12:30 PM
User: N/A
Computer: NABILHOME
Error code 1000007f, parameter1 00000008, parameter2 f87d7d70,
parameter3 00000000, parameter4 00000000.

Data:
0000: 53 79 73 74 65 6d 20 45 System E
0008: 72 72 6f 72 20 20 45 72 rror Er
0010: 72 6f 72 20 63 6f 64 65 ror code
0018: 20 31 30 30 30 30 30 37 1000007
0020: 66 20 20 50 61 72 61 6d f Param
0028: 65 74 65 72 73 20 30 30 eters 00
0030: 30 30 30 30 30 38 2c 20 000008,
0038: 66 38 37 64 37 64 37 30 f87d7d70
0040: 2c 20 30 30 30 30 30 30 , 000000
0048: 30 30 2c 20 30 30 30 30 00, 0000
0050: 30 30 30 30 0000

From the windows website I get the following information based on my
message:

Details
Product: Windows Operating System
ID: 1003
Source: System Error
Version: 5.2
Symbolic Name: ER_KRNLCRASH_LOG
Message: Error code %1, parameter1 %2, parameter2 %3, parameter3 %4,
parameter4 %5.

Explanation
A blue screen (Stop error) was reported. The message contains details
about the error. A matching event with Event ID 1001 might also appear
in the event log. This matching event displays information about the
specific error that occurred.

User Action
No user action is required.

CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME?

Date: 5/8/2004
Time: 4:12:30 PM
User: N/A
Computer: NABILHOME
Error code 1000007f, parameter1 00000008, parameter2 f87d7d70,
parameter3 00000000, parameter4 00000000.

Data:
0000: 53 79 73 74 65 6d 20 45 System E
0008: 72 72 6f 72 20 20 45 72 rror Er
0010: 72 6f 72 20 63 6f 64 65 ror code
0018: 20 31 30 30 30 30 30 37 1000007
0020: 66 20 20 50 61 72 61 6d f Param
0028: 65 74 65 72 73 20 30 30 eters 00
0030: 30 30 30 30 30 38 2c 20 000008,
0038: 66 38 37 64 37 64 37 30 f87d7d70
0040: 2c 20 30 30 30 30 30 30 , 000000
0048: 30 30 2c 20 30 30 30 30 00, 0000
0050: 30 30 30 30 0000

From the windows website I get the following information based on my
message:

Details
Product: Windows Operating System
ID: 1003
Source: System Error
Version: 5.2
Symbolic Name: ER_KRNLCRASH_LOG
Message: Error code %1, parameter1 %2, parameter2 %3, parameter3 %4,
parameter4 %5.

Explanation
A blue screen (Stop error) was reported. The message contains details
about the error. A matching event with Event ID 1001 might also appear
in the event log. This matching event displays information about the
specific error that occurred.

User Action
No user action is required.

CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME?

You can start here. I found this is Google.

http://support.microsoft.com/default...;en-us;q137539

The first parameter indicates you got a "double fault". In the
old days, this would have meant that you got an error fetching
something from memory, entered an exception handler, and
then got another error while fetching something from memory.
To prevent a vicious loop from forming, the processor would
generally be stopped dead in its tracks. Of course, this has
nothing to do with fixing it :-)

You should be using memtest+ from memtest.org or try the latest
memtest86 from memtest86.com . They are basically the same code,
with the first site picking up the code after the second site
stopped updating it for a year ot so.

When you execute the download from the memtest site, it will
prompt you to insert a blank floppy. The program will format
the floppy and put a test program on the floppy. The floppy
will not contain a Windows file system, so you cannot list the
contents. After the floppy is prepped, simply reboot the
computer, with the new floppy diskette in the drive, and
floppy in your boot order. (There is also a procedure if
you want to burn an ISO CD, following the same basic theme.)

The reason memtest is recommended, is it tests ALL of the
memory. It lifts itself out of the way, and tests the memory
where the code was once sitting. A Windows based tester cannot
very well test the area the kernel is living in.

I cannot guarantee that is the problem, as any potential bus
master in the computer could be messing with you.

You can check the specs on your memory he
http://corsairmicro.com/corsair/xms.html

HTH,
Paul

Date: 5/8/2004
Time: 4:12:30 PM
User: N/A
Computer: NABILHOME
Error code 1000007f, parameter1 00000008, parameter2 f87d7d70,
parameter3 00000000, parameter4 00000000.

Data:
0000: 53 79 73 74 65 6d 20 45 System E
0008: 72 72 6f 72 20 20 45 72 rror Er
0010: 72 6f 72 20 63 6f 64 65 ror code
0018: 20 31 30 30 30 30 30 37 1000007
0020: 66 20 20 50 61 72 61 6d f Param
0028: 65 74 65 72 73 20 30 30 eters 00
0030: 30 30 30 30 30 38 2c 20 000008,
0038: 66 38 37 64 37 64 37 30 f87d7d70
0040: 2c 20 30 30 30 30 30 30 , 000000
0048: 30 30 2c 20 30 30 30 30 00, 0000
0050: 30 30 30 30 0000

From the windows website I get the following information based on my
[...]

No memory problems I ran the test overnight and got 0 errors. Any other suggestions?

Date: 5/8/2004
Time: 4:12:30 PM
User: N/A
Computer: NABILHOME
Error code 1000007f, parameter1 00000008, parameter2 f87d7d70,
parameter3 00000000, parameter4 00000000.

Data:
0000: 53 79 73 74 65 6d 20 45 System E
0008: 72 72 6f 72 20 20 45 72 rror Er
0010: 72 6f 72 20 63 6f 64 65 ror code
0018: 20 31 30 30 30 30 30 37 1000007
0020: 66 20 20 50 61 72 61 6d f Param
0028: 65 74 65 72 73 20 30 30 eters 00
0030: 30 30 30 30 30 38 2c 20 000008,
0038: 66 38 37 64 37 64 37 30 f87d7d70
0040: 2c 20 30 30 30 30 30 30 , 000000
0048: 30 30 2c 20 30 30 30 30 00, 0000
0050: 30 30 30 30 0000

From the windows website I get the following information based on my
[...]

About all you can do, is simplify the system and retest. I don't
know of a software reason to be getting a "double fault", assuming
that is in fact an accurate analysis of the problem by Microsoft.

All I can see you removing, is the Audigy. Try setting up motherboard
sound and repeat your network testing and listening to music type
activities. If the problem stops, then it is the Audigy.

Since you have now thoroughly tested memory, you can move on
to Prime95. The "torture test" option in that program is a good
way to verify the cooling on your processor is adequate, and
that the processor itself is not responsible for the problem.
You don't want to be using the net or listening to music while
doing this - try to keep the test pure, so it isn't contaminated
with other potential issues. If Prime95 finds an error before the
end of the test, then either there could be a fault with the
motherboard or with the processor.

Finer fault isolation than this will be difficult. If an
onboard bus mastering peripheral has a problem, it could
upset something. In this case, you would have to disconnect
external devices from the motherboard, and see if the symptoms
change. (I.e. If you had a USB device, remove it and see
if the symptoms change. If the problem disappears while
doing this, then the motherboard needs to be changed.)

If you are getting a variety of error types, please post
them, as my suggestions are based on your problem being a
non-stop stream of "double faults".

HTH,
Paul
Old May 12th 04, 06:37 AM
Tim

Hi,

I read this a while ago and hope you have cleared things up.

If not.... looking up STOP 1000007f confirms Pauls diagnosis.

Two causes are listed for double fault - the second is simply stated as
hardware error.
See: http://www.osr.com/ddk/ddtools/bccodes_0ug7.htm

It does not indicate what type of h/w error it could be however preceeding
this were mentions of CPU faults.

If we run under a possibly false assumption that it may not be CPU, then
testing all the other hardware by tring to force the crash is prudent.

You indicate the problem occurs when surfing or playing music. Do you play
music from the internet? If so do you connect to the net via a network card?
Is the network card only used for Internet? If the answer is no to any of
this then that sort of rules out sound card and network card (if you in fact
have one).

You also indicated that you ran memtest overnight. Would you say that it ran
for several hours? If so then the issue is not likely to be memory.

If you get this far then it tends to indicate CPU as the article above
states.

I would still take the opportunity to strip the system down to minimum
components EG use a PCI graphics card, 1 stick of ram, remove all extra
cards and peripherals not needed to recreate the problem and try to force
the issue. If the problem persists then CPU (or perhaps mobo).

If that is the case and you do not have the resources to try a different CPU
then I would suggest taking into to be serviced by someone who does - either
that or take the risk with a friends CPU.

- Tim

om...