updating nForce drivers... installation of display driver

Old November 10th 03, 08:00 PM
iamnotme

Default updating nForce drivers... installation of display driver

I cannot find anywhere on the ASUS website (for my A7N8X/plain Rev.2 mobo)
support/drivers for "nForce2" (ie. to get the Ultra400 Memory
Controller)...so I assume nVidia is the only support for those drivers? I'm
currently running on a very old nForce2 driver set (v.2.0).

The v.2.45 nF2 drivers were the 1st (I believe) to add support for the
Ultra400 Memory Controller...the latest nForce2 version at nVidia's website,
is version 3.13 and many are reporting issues installing (so maybe i'll
install the 2.45 1st?). There are also a ton of folks who are "disappointed"
with the performance of the 52.16 display driver included in 3.13.

ALSO...

I have an ASUS V8420 Deluxe video card (using ASUS driver v44.71A and nVidia
WDM capture driver) . The nForce2 website recommends uninstalling all nVidia
drivers using Add/Install. Would I have to uninstall anything (other than
the nVidia capture driver), because it's ASUS's drivers I use for display?

OR ... during installation is there a "custom" install? Where you can choose
which drivers to load? I would just exclude "display driver" from updating
(and audio drivers 'cuz i have a sound card), and then I wouldn't have to
uninstall my display and vid-capture drivers 1st? 'cuz they advise
uninstalling any nVidia drivers first.

Hope I was clear enuf ...
Thank you in advance for your assistance & Cheers!!

Old November 10th 03, 08:05 PM
Andrew

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 19:00:25 GMT, "iamnotme"
wrote:

I cannot find anywhere on the ASUS website (for my A7N8X/plain Rev.2 mobo)
support/drivers for "nForce2" (ie. to get the Ultra400 Memory
Controller)...so I assume nVidia is the only support for those drivers? I'm
currently running on a very old nForce2 driver set (v.2.0).

Everyone I have seen in this NG is using the NVidia drivers. 2.45
works great for me.

I could be totally wrong here, but I wouldn't have thought drivers
woul control the memory controller, that is down to the BIOS.

The v.2.45 nF2 drivers were the 1st (I believe) to add support for the
Ultra400 Memory Controller...the latest nForce2 version at nVidia's website,
is version 3.13 and many are reporting issues installing (so maybe i'll
install the 2.45 1st?). There are also a ton of folks who are "disappointed"
with the performance of the 52.16 display driver included in 3.13.

WTF? Diplay drivers in motherboard chipset drivers?
please don't top post. Trim messages to quote only relevent text.
Old November 10th 03, 08:18 PM
Barry Walsh

WTF? Diplay drivers in motherboard chipset drivers?

They have to cater for those with the IGP version with an integrated
Geforce 4 MX.

Old November 10th 03, 08:53 PM
Andrew

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 13:35:56 -0600, Ed wrote:

WTF? Diplay drivers in motherboard chipset drivers?

Yep, sound drivers too.

I would expect sound drivers as it is integrated into my motherboard.
I don't have an NVidia graphics card, integrated or otherwise.
please don't top post. Trim messages to quote only relevent text.