cmos checksum error press F1 to contiue

Old February 7th 04, 06:05 PM
~A_Sammy

Default cmos checksum error press F1 to contiue

Hi,
I get this message when the computer is turned on:
cmos checksum error press F1 to contiue

All I could think of was a bad battery or bad battery contacts on the mobo,
but the batter measures 3.1 volts and the contacts are clean. So, does
anybody have any idea what is causing this error?

It's a basic wintel box witn an AMD processore, a hard drive, burner, etc.
Nothing exotic.

It doesn't happen on a warm boot, only on a cold boot.

TIA for any suggestions,

Sammy

Old February 7th 04, 06:35 PM
Jan Alter

I guess you could try reseating everything to make sure there is simply no
temporary oxidation problems causing this problem until something warms up
enough to break the resistance to send electrons.

You might try clearing the CMOS and resetting your parameters. If you do
don't forget to wrtie any special settings down so you can get running
again.

One last thing is to check the mb maker for a newer bios to see if this is a
problem with that board that was addressed at some point, and it's just not
your particular box.

--
Jan Alter

or

Old February 8th 04, 02:56 AM
Kill Bill

"~A_Sammy" wrote in message
Hi,
I get this message when the computer is turned on:
cmos checksum error press F1 to contiue

All I could think of was a bad battery or bad battery contacts on the

mobo,
but the batter measures 3.1 volts and the contacts are clean. So, does
anybody have any idea what is causing this error?

It's a basic wintel box witn an AMD processore, a hard drive, burner, etc.
Nothing exotic.

It doesn't happen on a warm boot, only on a cold boot.

TIA for any suggestions,

Sammy

I had the same thing, tried a new battery. Didn't work. I took it apart
and reseated the CPU and it cleared.

Old February 9th 04, 01:27 AM
~A_Sammy

taking Jan's idea I reseated everything but the cpu.
Problem solved. At least for now!

Thanks,
Sammy