Looking for drivers for older machine

Old February 7th 07, 09:24 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
dave xnet

Default Looking for drivers for older machine

Hello, I'mlooking for a driver for an old
VIA MVP3 system with AMD K6 3+ cpu,
running windows 98.
Current catalyst 6.2 installs properly,
but it's definitely not running right.

This card has never been in this PC before, so no other
driver to fall back on except perhaps the one on the
origina; cdrom from January 2001 - if I can find it!

Any advice on an older driver and possible
download location appreciated.
Dave
Old February 8th 07, 05:12 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
dave xnet

On Wed, 07 Feb 2007 21:24:54 GMT, dave xnet
wrote:

Hello, I'mlooking for a driver for an old
VIA MVP3 system with AMD K6 3+ cpu,
running windows 98.
Current catalyst 6.2 installs properly,
but it's definitely not running right.

This card has never been in this PC before, so no other
driver to fall back on except perhaps the one on the
origina; cdrom from January 2001 - if I can find it!

Any advice on an older driver and possible
download location appreciated.
Dave

I guess AMD is hosting the ATI support files
(did they buy ATI ? )
The sites a bit unfriendly trying to look for any
older drivers.
I found Catalyst 4..11 on an ftp server in Russia.
Working fine.
Dave
Old February 9th 07, 03:07 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
KCB

wrote:

Hello, I'mlooking for a driver for an old
VIA MVP3 system with AMD K6 3+ cpu,
running windows 98.
Current catalyst 6.2 installs properly,
but it's definitely not running right.

This card has never been in this PC before, so no other
driver to fall back on except perhaps the one on the
origina; cdrom from January 2001 - if I can find it!

Any advice on an older driver and possible
download location appreciated.
Dave

I guess AMD is hosting the ATI support files
(did they buy ATI ? )
The sites a bit unfriendly trying to look for any
older drivers.
I found Catalyst 4..11 on an ftp server in Russia.
Working fine.
Dave

You haven't been around for a while, huh? The AMD/ATI deal was
announced in July 2006 and completed in October 2006. As far as your
video card drivers go, they are fairly easy to find, but you never said
which card you had. Go to ATI website, click the Drivers and Software
link at top. This will take you to the main Drivers and Software page
which has 3 frames. Click your OS in the left frame (Win98 is at the
bottom of the list), Click your device type in the middle frame (legacy,
I'm guessing), and specific device on the right, then click the GO
button.

Make sure you uninstall old drivers before you put in the new ones and
be wary of files hosted at unknown sites.

Old February 9th 07, 08:32 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
dave xnet

On Thu, 8 Feb 2007 22:07:26 -0500, "KCB"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

Thanks for responding, KCB and RC White.
I lost touch with ATI when I upgraded a 2nd box a year ago and
my card, the original Radeon VIVO was retired.

A 2nd, even older PC, was having problems with it's
3dfx Voodoo3 2000 card, so a little light bulb went off in my head
and I dusted down the the old Radeon to put it i there.
The 3dfx never supported directx 9 since the drivers
were so old.

As I mentioned in my first post, the recent drivers did not work.
Probably because the PC is so old. This is why I was hunting for
an older set. I found Catalyst 4.10 on 3dguru.com which worked find
in windows 2000. I ended up with Catalyst 4.11 in windows 98
the other half of the dualboot machine.
Thanks,
Dave