New graphics card for A7v333

Old December 3rd 03, 12:03 AM
Stephen Reed

Default New graphics card for A7v333

Hi,

System, Win X/P sp1, 470 watt psu, 2800 + AMD, 768 mb Ram

I have at the moment a nVida Ti 4400 graphics card which I suspect is
faulty, as now and then my LG flat monitor screen turns off for about a
second and comes back on again, which is fitted by the dvi link? The
graphics card is fitted to the A7v333 (bios v.1016) board and am thinking to
upgrade soon to either another nVida or Radeon graphics card... Can anyone
tell me if there are any limits to what the m/board can take?

Thanks

Stephen Reed

Old December 3rd 03, 11:21 PM

Stephen Reed wrote:
Hi,

System, Win X/P sp1, 470 watt psu, 2800 + AMD, 768 mb Ram

I have at the moment a nVida Ti 4400 graphics card which I suspect is
faulty, as now and then my LG flat monitor screen turns off for about a
second and comes back on again, which is fitted by the dvi link? The
graphics card is fitted to the A7v333 (bios v.1016) board and am thinking to
upgrade soon to either another nVida or Radeon graphics card... Can anyone
tell me if there are any limits to what the m/board can take?

Stephen, I have an ATI Radeon All-In-Wonder 9800 card on mine. No problems.
I had to upgrade my power supply since HDDs were flaky. You shouldn't
have any problems.
--
"When you have seen one ant, one bird, one tree, you have not seen
them all." --Edward O. Wilson, 1992
| |o o| | E-mail: NT or NT
\ _ / Remove ANT if replying by e-mail from a newsgroup.
( )
Old December 4th 03, 09:37 AM
Wazza

A friend and I went out and bought ourselves a pair of Hitachi TFTs. The
ones with the speakers down the bottom. Anyhow to keep it short, both our
monitors turn on and off very quickly at certain times and this worried us
too. My friend phoned a monitor repair centre and the bloke there told him
that TFT monitors respond way quicker than the old tube monitors did and it
is not a problem.

We both use decent video cards and have no

Old December 4th 03, 10:52 AM
Stephen Reed

Thanks, I had this monitor for a year now and has never done that before
now....?
Plus I have recently upgraded to Direct X 9.0b and the card does not support
it, although it has the latest drivers.
So I'm hoping and being the cheapest solution that a new graphics card will
cure the monitor cut outs!

Thanks again

Stephen Reed

Old December 7th 03, 03:17 AM
Wazza

I installed those dx9 drivers into 2 of my computers and that gave me minor
problems in both.
One still has those problems and the other I had to reformat and go again
and the dx9 problem has vanished so it is possible that the Direct X drivers
have given you a hiccup. Actually I think it is a game I play that gives
the monitor a quick on and off and I think that is because the game is
changing the screen resolution.
Anyhow don`t worry about it.

Old December 7th 03, 04:43 PM
Stephen Reed

Also there is a Windows 2000/XP security bug that does not allow new cards
to be fitted in the PCI slots until you alter the registry, Adjusting the
Permission for full access?

Hope this helps to future techies who wants to upgrade there Win 2000/XP
systems?

Steve

/ /\ /\ \ Ant @ The Ant Farm:

http://antfarm.ma.cx