BE6-II v2.0: Bios & Drivers for 200 gig HD?

Old July 19th 03, 08:41 PM
Road Hair

Default BE6-II v2.0: Bios & Drivers for 200 gig HD?

I have a BE6-II v1.2 that I upgraded to a v2.0 with the 2.0.1024 oem BIOS
and drivers. What BIOS and driver version is required to recognize a 200
gig hard drive? I've already obtained some of the custom files from Mr.
Geery's ftp site but do not no which version to use. Anyone?

Thanks in advance,
RH

Old July 19th 03, 09:12 PM
TomG

to use that big of a drive without "helper" software, you will need to
update the Highpoint bios to 2.3x and then run the large drive off the
Highpoint controller. you need to match the Highpoint bios version with the
drivers at the OS level.

--

Thomas Geery
Network+ certified

ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
ftp://68.98.180.8 Abit Mirror ----- Cable modem IP
over 113,000 FTP users served!
^^^^^^^

Old July 19th 03, 09:40 PM
Road Hair

Any preferences to a specific version? I'm already running my 3 drives (40,
80 & 200 gig) off the Highpoint controller and no raid.

RH

Old July 19th 03, 09:59 PM
TomG

well, if one of the files you got from my site is the mainboard bios with
the 2.32 or 2.34 Highpoint insert, then I would go with that.

Old July 19th 03, 10:05 PM
Road Hair

Thanks Tom, will do.
RH

"Road Hair" wrote in message
I have a BE6-II v1.2 that I upgraded to a v2.0 with the 2.0.1024 oem

BIOS
and drivers. What BIOS and driver version is required to recognize

200
gig hard drive? I've already obtained some of the custom files from

Mr.
Geery's ftp site but do not no which version to use. Anyone?

Thanks in advance,
RH

P4P800 acting flakey bios checksum failure Stacey General 6 March 7th 04 04:35 PM
Biostar M7VIZ -- BIOS is bad? Andrew Homebuilt PC's 10 October 29th 03 09:36 AM
BIOS Gricalus General 3 July 13th 03 12:07 PM
BIOS dead Frank General 1 July 4th 03 01:22 AM
bios hung while flashing mdp General 1 June 23rd 03 11:18 AM