ATI 9600 Pro Problem

Old December 1st 03, 06:15 AM
Jeff Crawford

Default ATI 9600 Pro Problem

I have an ATI 9600 Pro 128 meg (ATI version) in a Soyo P4s Dragon
Ultra motherboard and 2.2 ghz P4. All the games run great with fast
performance, and I never get any lockups. However, I do have a
strange problem on bootup. Either my system boot fines and
everything works great, or my system wont boot at all. I have to go
through multiple reboots until finally the system will load. It then
gives "this system has recovered from a serious error" as the result
of the Catalyst 3.9 drivers (currently using Omega drivers but same
problem with original ATI drivers). The error report lists display
driver, ati2dvag.dll as the problem. Same problem occurs with or
without VPU recover on in the drivers. Any ideas what the problem
could be??

I tried Catalyst 3.8 drivers, too, but havent tried 3.7. However,
I'd like to keep 3.9 if possible for better game support (I think DX2
works alot better with 3.9).

Thanks,

Jeff