cheap video card

Old July 11th 07, 10:59 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Hopey

Default cheap video card

Hi All can any one tell me the cheapest nvidia card i can get that is fully
compatable with vista.

Old July 11th 07, 11:31 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Phil Weldon

'Hopey' wrote:
| Hi All can any one tell me the cheapest nvidia card i can get that is
fully
| compatable with vista.
_____

Do you include DX10 support?

Phil Weldon

Old July 11th 07, 11:56 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Hopey

"Phil Weldon" wrote in message
ink.net...
'Hopey' wrote:
| Hi All can any one tell me the cheapest nvidia card i can get that is
fully
| compatable with vista.
_____

Do you include DX10 support?

Phil Weldon

"Hopey" wrote in message
| Hi All can any one tell me the cheapest nvidia card i can get that is
fully
| compatable with vista.

No I dont play games just want the aero stuff.

Cheers norman

Old July 12th 07, 12:55 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Phil Weldon

'Hopey' wrote:
| No I dont play games just want the aero stuff.
_____

Well, the Vista requirements are listed on the Microsoft Vista webpages.
Have you tried the 'Vista Upgrade Advisor' on your present system? That
will qualify your present display card solution, and advise the minimum
requirements if the current solution is insufficient.

There are at least two levels of Vista compliance, 'Windows Vista Capable',
which does not include support for 'Areo' and 'Windows Vista Premium', which
does.

Better you look for yourself, rather than posting a series of questions
without sufficient supporting details; for example, what kind of display
adapter interface does the computer support - AGP or PCI-E, and is the rest
of the system up to 'Windows Vista Premium' compliance? As for the video
card in isolation from the rest of the system, for 'Windows Vista Premium
Ready' the card must support DX9, Pixel Shader 2.0, 32-bits per pixel, and
have at least 128 MBytes on card memory. Once you have all the details,
then selecting the 'cheapest' nVidia based video card will be possible. You
can get anything from a 7200 GS 128 MB to an 8400 GS 128 MB between $40 and
$50 US, any of which meet 'Windows Premium Ready' requirements, but you also
must have the correct interface (AGP or PCI-E) for your system.

Phil Weldon

"Hopey" wrote in message

| "Phil Weldon" wrote in message
| ink.net...
| 'Hopey' wrote:
| | Hi All can any one tell me the cheapest nvidia card i can get that is
| fully
| | compatable with vista.
| _____
|
| Do you include DX10 support?
|
| Phil Weldon
|
| "Hopey" wrote in message
| | Hi All can any one tell me the cheapest nvidia card i can get that is
| fully
| | compatable with vista.
| |

Old July 12th 07, 02:17 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Slap

7300 LE will work. Should be around $75 or $80 for a 256 mb card... maybe
less if someone is upgrading and wants to dump theirs.

Old July 12th 07, 04:46 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Cal Vanize

"Hopey" wrote in message
Hi All can any one tell me the cheapest nvidia card i can get that is
fully compatable with vista.

Look around and get a 7300GT for that price or less. No shared memory
and better performance. About the same price as a 7300LE.

Old July 13th 07, 03:58 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
No One

Hopey wrote:
Hi All can any one tell me the cheapest nvidia card i can get that is
fully compatable with vista.

$132.47 plus tax, shipping and clue fee. :-)