Acer Aspire One - What's this light for?

Old February 21st 09, 12:57 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Sheldon

Default Acer Aspire One - What's this light for?

On the lower right corner of the palm rest is a small strip with a picture
of an antenna on it. An LED to the right of the strip lights to indicate the
wireless is turned on. What does the LED to the left of the small strip
indicate? It never seems to come on.

Thanks.

Old February 21st 09, 04:35 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Cheeky Bastard

"Sheldon" wrote in message
On the lower right corner of the palm rest is a small strip with a picture
of an antenna on it. An LED to the right of the strip lights to indicate
the wireless is turned on. What does the LED to the left of the small
strip indicate? It never seems to come on.

Thanks.

Future use for the SIM card module. Open the door on the bottom of the
netbook and you will see where it goes.

CB

Old February 22nd 09, 01:02 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Sheldon

"Cheeky *******" wrote in message

"Sheldon" wrote in message
On the lower right corner of the palm rest is a small strip with a
picture of an antenna on it. An LED to the right of the strip lights to
indicate the wireless is turned on. What does the LED to the left of the
small strip indicate? It never seems to come on.

Thanks.

Future use for the SIM card module. Open the door on the bottom of the
netbook and you will see where it goes.

CB

Thanks for the quick answer. That would be cool.

Old February 23rd 09, 11:04 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Cheeky Bastard

Sheldon wrote:
"Cheeky *******" wrote in message

"Sheldon" wrote in message
On the lower right corner of the palm rest is a small strip with a
picture of an antenna on it. An LED to the right of the strip
lights to indicate the wireless is turned on. What does the LED to
the left of the small strip indicate? It never seems to come on.

Thanks.

Future use for the SIM card module. Open the door on the bottom of
the netbook and you will see where it goes.

CB

Thanks for the quick answer. That would be cool.

Forgot to mention if you take your battery off you will see an indent with a
slot that has a simcard icon.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/10565951@N06/3140548823/

CB

Old February 25th 09, 12:17 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Sheldon

"Cheeky *******" wrote in message
Sheldon wrote:
"Cheeky *******" wrote in message

"Sheldon" wrote in message
On the lower right corner of the palm rest is a small strip with a
picture of an antenna on it. An LED to the right of the strip
lights to indicate the wireless is turned on. What does the LED to
the left of the small strip indicate? It never seems to come on.

Thanks.

Future use for the SIM card module. Open the door on the bottom of
the netbook and you will see where it goes.

CB

Thanks for the quick answer. That would be cool.

Forgot to mention if you take your battery off you will see an indent with
a slot that has a simcard icon.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/10565951@N06/3140548823/

CB

Thanks. Any idea when we might see these things? Very often electronic
companies make holes and slots for lots of things that never materialize.
My slot is covered by some sticky tape, but the symbol for a sim card is
there. I assume the modem will be provided by Acer and the sim will be
provided by your carrier.

Old February 28th 09, 05:40 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Cheeky Bastard

Sheldon wrote:
"Cheeky *******" wrote in message
Sheldon wrote:
"Cheeky *******" wrote in message

"Sheldon" wrote in message
[...]

I guess we will see more when people grow old of the Aspire One. Me I use it
all the time and so glad I never got the eeePC.
I wish it came with blue tooth but not a big deal as I have a really small
Mogo adapter and a mouse but I really like the touch pad.
For the rare times you need a modem a Ebay $10 usb modem works fine but I
use my Sony M600 either wired or I use the blue tooth.
I also use it with a blue tooth earthmate gps.
The touch screen is the awsome add-on too.

CB

Old April 19th 09, 03:18 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Roger 2008

"Cheeky *******" wrote in message
Sheldon wrote:
"Cheeky *******" wrote in message

Future use for the SIM card module. Open the door on the bottom of
the netbook and you will see where it goes.

CB

Thanks for the quick answer. That would be cool.

Forgot to mention if you take your battery off you will see an indent with

slot that has a simcard icon.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/10565951@N06/3140548823/

CB

The "Future" you mentioned above is the now.

Radio Shack sells a version of the Aspire One they call a
'Acer Aspire One AT&T 3G 8.9" Netbook'
http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=3526401

If you put an AT&T SIM card in that slot then their "Aspire One AT&T 3G
Netbook" will use AT&T's 3G network for the internet.

I tried to get the Internet to work with a SIM card that is not from AT&T
and it saw the network but it would not connect. BTW I looked at the
available settings and didn't see anyway to change the access point it used
to connect to the internet.