Evga 6800GT for sale

Old July 10th 04, 04:26 PM
Jean

Default Evga 6800GT for sale

500$ cnd, brand new was paid 650$

buyer must be in Canada.

I will return to ATI.

Old July 10th 04, 04:48 PM
Jean

please reply to

Old July 10th 04, 06:25 PM
Jean

"Jean" a écrit dans le message de . ..

please reply to

Old July 10th 04, 11:05 PM
Jeff B

If I wait long enough, will it drop to $200cdn ?
( Might be worth a drive to the border then )

You must have a very good reason indeed for dumping the card.
Smoke, flames, doesn't bring you your breakfast tea ? Please tell.

I suspect he got a 'dud', aka poor overclocker, since he won't give any
performance numbers.

Jeff B

Old July 10th 04, 11:14 PM
Jean

no it overclock well at 400mhz 1100mhz

but problem with refresh rate and poor Far Cry performance...

I prefer ATI

Old July 11th 04, 12:23 AM
Jean

back to evga for refund minus 15% restocking fee... sorry I forgot about it.

Don't buy geforce.... Nvidia suck. ATI is the real thing !

Nvidia

"Jeff B" a écrit dans le message de news:iKZHc.63893$XM6.36024@attbi_s53...

If I wait long enough, will it drop to $200cdn ?
( Might be worth a drive to the border then )

You must have a very good reason indeed for dumping the card.
Smoke, flames, doesn't bring you your breakfast tea ? Please tell.

I suspect he got a 'dud', aka poor overclocker, since he won't give any
performance numbers.

Jeff B

Attached Images

Old July 11th 04, 02:35 AM
John Lewis

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 18:14:47 -0400, "Jean" wrote:

no it overclock well at 400mhz 1100mhz

but problem with refresh rate

and poor Far Cry performance...

Upgrade your CPU ( when you can ) !!!. The higher levels of AI,
the floating-point operations with binoculars on, and several other
internal game-engine activities can drastically drive the frame rate
down due to CPU loading. Verify CPU loading by periodically
checking your CPU ( not GPU ! ) temperature while the game
is running. Use AIDA or similar running on desktop to monitor
CPU sensor temp before starting Far Cry and then Alt-Tab in
and out of the game to instantaneously view the CPU temp.

I have a P4 running at 3.35GHz and the CPU temperature
measurements on Far Cry were very revealing.

You seem to be throwing the baby out with the bathwater, but you
obviously have a great deal of money anyway if you decided to
buy either a 6800GT or X800 XT PE at this time.

Its Summertime in Canada where it is short enough that it is a pity
to miss a great time outdoors and forget video cards until Fall
when many driver issues ( both Ati and nVidia ) will be resolved
and prices of the high-end video cards are likely to be far more
reasonable..

I prefer ATI

OK, I believe that Canada is a fairly free country. Then why
did you buy the 6800GT in the first place ? Hopefully you will be
happy with your alternate purchase and won't be wailing about
lack of DX9.0c hardware features in a few months time.

John Lewis
Old July 11th 04, 02:37 AM
John Lewis

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 19:23:52 -0400, "Jean" wrote:

back to evga for refund minus 15% restocking fee... sorry I forgot about it.

Don't buy geforce.... Nvidia suck. ATI is the real thing !

Enjoy the other tit.

John Lewis