Gigabyte motherboard

Old March 5th 09, 12:35 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Des

Default Gigabyte motherboard

Hi
I have a gigabyte motherboard GA-M61DME-S2. This mother board became
quickly defective in as much, the plastic holder that keeps the CPU
fan on broke. Can I get a replacement or is the motherboard knackered.
This is stupid that the holder can not support a fan, and it was a
normal one supplied with an intel 4.2G processor, not a heavy duty
one.

Desmond.
Old March 5th 09, 01:06 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
spodosaurus

Des wrote:
Hi
I have a gigabyte motherboard GA-M61DME-S2. This mother board became
quickly defective in as much, the plastic holder that keeps the CPU
fan on broke. Can I get a replacement or is the motherboard knackered.
This is stupid that the holder can not support a fan, and it was a
normal one supplied with an intel 4.2G processor, not a heavy duty
one.

Desmond.

Take it back to the store for warranty. I think Gigabyte offer at least
a one year warranty.

Ari

Many people around the world are waiting for a marrow transplant. Please
volunteer to be a marrow donor and literally save someone's life:
http://www.abmdr.org.au/
http://www.marrow.org/
Old March 5th 09, 01:58 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Paul

Des wrote:
Hi
I have a gigabyte motherboard GA-M61DME-S2. This mother board became
quickly defective in as much, the plastic holder that keeps the CPU
fan on broke. Can I get a replacement or is the motherboard knackered.
This is stupid that the holder can not support a fan, and it was a
normal one supplied with an intel 4.2G processor, not a heavy duty
one.

Desmond.

Do you mean, like this GA-M61SME-S2 AM2 motherboard ?

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/FileList/...s2_2.0_big.jpg

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/...e=GA-M61SME-S2

Did you use a three-tab cooler, on a one-tab plastic
retention frame ? The Arctic Cooling heatsinks like
to bust off the plastic - I would blame it on Arctic
Cooling, rather than the company that made the plastic.
I bet there are other heatsinks that don't fall off.

Replacement plastic frames are available. They come in
different styles, so you have to look them over
carefully.

http://www.cwc-group.com/am2retention.html

http://www.frozencpu.com/cpu-tri-25.html

Paul