Anyone have the specs on an [[[OLD]]] model 461 monitor?

Old October 14th 03, 03:18 PM
Rick

Default Anyone have the specs on an [[[OLD]]] model 461 monitor?

Looking for any info on a model 461 (p/n 141550-001) SVGA monitor. You
know - the usual end user stuff. Dot pitch (it actually looks better
than most modern monitors so I'm curious what it really is), and sync
frequencies. It appears to maxx out at 800x600x16m colors resolution.

I don't want to overdrive the sync frequencies but there is no info on
older Compaq hardware since Compaq got HPeed on. The old Softpaqs are
still available - now on the HP ftp server - but with no index...

Also looking for any site that may have info on the Compaq Prolinea
325/s computer.
Old October 16th 03, 05:12 AM
Spam Buster

"Rick" wrote in message ...
| Looking for any info on a model 461 (p/n 141550-001) SVGA monitor. You
| know - the usual end user stuff. Dot pitch (it actually looks better
| than most modern monitors so I'm curious what it really is), and sync
| frequencies. It appears to maxx out at 800x600x16m colors resolution.
|
| I don't want to overdrive the sync frequencies but there is no info on
| older Compaq hardware since Compaq got HPeed on. The old Softpaqs are
| still available - now on the HP ftp server - but with no index...
|
| Also looking for any site that may have info on the Compaq Prolinea
| 325/s computer.

Hope this helps:

Date: 15 June 1992
INTRODUCTION
Compaq Computer Corporation is pleased to announce the new COMPAQ ProLinea
Line of desktop PCs. The COMPAQ ProLinea Line includes three high-quality
models: the small footprint COMPAQ ProLinea 3/25zs, the more expandable
COMPAQ ProLinea 3/25s, and the COMPAQ ProLinea 4/33 with faster graphics and
processing speed. Each model is available with a choice of hard drives and
comes standard with 1024 x 768 high-resolution graphics and preinstalled
software. Conceived, engineered, and built by Compaq, this line of products
is covered by a one-year, on-site, limited parts and labor warranty.

Standard Models and Options

Models available are as follows:
[...]
COMPAQ ProLinea 3/25s:
o Model 1: 3 1/2-Inch 1.44-Megabyte Diskette Drive
o Model 84: 3 1/2-Inch 1.44-Megabyte Diskette Drive, 84-Megabyte Hard
Drive (17 ms) and Microsoft MS-DOS Version 5.0 as published by Compaq
preinstalled
o Model 84/w: 3 1/2-Inch 1.44-Megabyte Diskette Drive; 5 1/4-Inch
1.2-Megabyte Diskette Drive, 84-Megabyte Hard Drive (17 ms), and includes
a COMPAQ Mouse and preinstalled software including Microsoft MS-DOS
Version 5.0 as published by Compaq, Microsoft Windows Version 3.1, and
Spinnaker PFS:WindowWorks Version 1.25
o Model 120: 3 1/2-Inch 1.44-Megabyte Diskette Drive, 120-Megabyte Hard
Drive (17 ms), and Microsoft MS-DOS Version 5.0 as published by Compaq
preinstalled
o Model 120/w: 3 1/2-Inch 1.44-Megabyte Diskette Drive; 5 1/4-Inch
1.2-Megabyte Diskette Drive, 4 Megabytes RAM, 120-Megabyte Hard Drive (17
ms) and includes a COMPAQ Mouse and preinstalled software including
Microsoft MS-DOS Version 5.0 as published by Compaq, Microsoft Windows
Version 3.1, and Spinnaker PFS:WindowWorks Version 1.25

[...]
Standard COMPAQ
Features ProLinea 3/25s
Processor Board:
25-MHz 386SX microprocessor yes
33-MHz 486DX microprocessor ---
387SX coprocessor socket yes
Memory:
70-ns enhanced page RAM;
expandable to 16 Megabytes
on the system board 2 Megabytes
Graphics:
High-resolution graphics
with 1024 x 768 resolution;
backward compatible with
VGA at 640 x 480 or
800 x 600 resolutions 16 colors
Video Memory: 512 Kbytes
Expansion Slots:
16-bit ISA expansion slots
available for expansion
boards three
Storage Devices (depending
on model):
3 1/2-Inch 1.44-Megabyte
Diskette Drive yes
5 1/4-Inch 1.2-Megabyte
Diskette Drive yes
120-Megabyte Hard Drive
(17 ms) yes
84-Megabyte Hard Drive
(17 ms) yes
40-Megabyte Hard Drive
(21 ms) ---
Mass storage device
positions three
Standard COMPAQ
Features ProLinea 3/25s
Interfaces:
Two serial, one parallel,
one pointing device
(mouse), one keyboard yes
Integrated Controllers:
Diskette drives, hard
drive, tape drive yes
Physical Specifications:
12.6" W x 14.9" D x 3.5" H
(31.8 cm W x 37.9 cm D x
8.9 cm H) ---
15.9" W x 15.1" D x 4.0" H
(40.4 cm W x 38.4 cm D x
10.2 cm H) yes
Power Supply: 145 Watts
Security/Network:
Power-on Password yes
Keyboard Lock yes
Asset Management Password ---
Physical Lock yes
Softwa
MS-DOS Version 5.0 as
published by Compaq
preinstalled (hard
drive models) yes
COMPAQ
Options ProLinea 3/25s
Memory:
Memory module kits (SIMMs):
- 4 MB and 1-MB SIMMs yes
- 4-MB, 2-MB, and 1-MB SIMMs ---
Storage Devices:
5 1/4-Inch 1.2-Megabyte
Diskette Drive yes
210-Megabyte Hard Drive
(17 ms) yes
120-Megabyte Hard Drive
(17 ms) yes
84-Megabyte Hard Drive
(17 ms) yes
80-/120-Megabyte Tape
Drive ---
60-Megabyte Tape Drive yes
Video:
COMPAQ 1024 Color Monitor,
VGA Color Monitor, Reduced
Emissions Video Graphics
Color Monitor, Video Graphics
Monochrome Monitor, QVision
1024/I Controller yes

NEW COMPAQ 1024 COLOR MONITOR (461)
The new COMPAQ 1024 Color Monitor can be used with the COMPAQ ProLinea Line.
It is a microprocessor-based, multiscanning color monitor, which allows easy
adjustment of screen configurations at various display modes. Some of the
features of this 14-inch (diagonal) analog monitor are as follows:
o 0.28-mm dot pitch
o Supports VGA standards, Super VGA (800 x 600), 8514/A (1024 x 768
interlaced), and 1024 x 768 noninterlaced mode
o Front panel controls to adjust horizontal and vertical size and position
in each display mode
o Automatically scans the horizontal frequency from 30 to 58 KHz and
vertical frequency from 50 to 100 KHz

Picture Tube (diagonal) 14" Conventional
Viewable Image Area (diagonal) 13.5" / (34.29 cm)
Dimensions, WxHxD 14.6" x 14.3" x 15.2" / 37.1 x 36.2 x 38.6cm
Weight (unpacked) 31.86lb / 14kg
Dot Pitch 0.28 mm
Energy Star Compliant
Display Resolutions / Refresh Rates
1024 x 768 60, 70 and 75 Hz
1024 x 768 87 Hz (Interlaced)
800 x 600 60, 72 and 75 Hz
720 x 400 (Text mode) 70Hz
640 x 480 60, 72 and 75 Hz
640 x 350 70 Hz
Preset Display Modes Yes
User Programmable Graphic Modes Four
Bandwidth 75 MHz
Input Impedance75 ohms
Horizontal Frequency (Banded/Continuous) 30 to 60 kHz
Vertical Frequency 50 to 100 Hz
Power Supply(ALS) 90-132 / 180-264 VAC 47-63 Hz
Power Cord Length 2.0 m (± .5 m)
Signal Cable Connectors 15-pin Mini D-Sub
Inrush Current 30 Amps at 120 VAC; 40 Amps at 220 VAC
Maximum Power Rating 85 Watts
Sync InputTTL separate synch
Anti-glare Yes
ISO9241-3 VDT (workplace) Yes
Standard Controls Contrast, Brightness, Sizing, & Positioning
Advanced Controls Pincushion (barrel), Trapezoid

Old October 17th 03, 02:03 AM
EldredP

In article , Rick writes:

Looking for any info on a model 461 (p/n 141550-001) SVGA monitor. You
know - the usual end user stuff. Dot pitch (it actually looks better
than most modern monitors so I'm curious what it really is), and sync
frequencies. It appears to maxx out at 800x600x16m colors resolution.

I don't want to overdrive the sync frequencies but there is no info on
older Compaq hardware since Compaq got HPeed on. The old Softpaqs are
still available - now on the HP ftp server - but with no index...

Also looking for any site that may have info on the Compaq Prolinea
325/s computer.

What do you need to know about the Prolinea 3/25s? I have a QRG that has info.
It also mentions a 461 monitor but only has a /monitor matrix'...not much
help.

Eldred
--
Homepage - http://www.umich.edu/~epickett
Member

Remove SPAM-OFF to reply.
Old October 17th 03, 03:00 AM
Mike Calkins

According to the facts on hand, a 461 or 462 monitor is a 1024C model.
It'll handle 1024x768 just fine. I sat in front of one for a few years.
"1024 Color: 14-inch cost-effective, high-resolution display. Targeted at
experienced users who want a full-featured, affordable, high resolution
display. Available in both Energy Saver and low emission models.

Old October 27th 03, 02:40 PM
Rick

Wow! You're good! Where the heck did you come up with that data? Told me
everything I needed to know. Thank you.

I thought it was going to be a "16 MB" memory machine but wasn't
certain. Thanks again.

Spam Buster wrote:

"Rick" wrote in message ...
| Looking for any info on a model 461 (p/n 141550-001) SVGA monitor. You
| know - the usual end user stuff. Dot pitch (it actually looks better
| than most modern monitors so I'm curious what it really is), and sync
| frequencies. It appears to maxx out at 800x600x16m colors resolution.
|
| I don't want to overdrive the sync frequencies but there is no info on
| older Compaq hardware since Compaq got HPeed on. The old Softpaqs are
| still available - now on the HP ftp server - but with no index...
|
| Also looking for any site that may have info on the Compaq Prolinea
| 325/s computer.

Hope this helps:

Old October 27th 03, 02:52 PM
Rick

Mike Calkins wrote:

According to the facts on hand, a 461 or 462 monitor is a 1024C model.
It'll handle 1024x768 just fine. I sat in front of one for a few years.
"1024 Color: 14-inch cost-effective, high-resolution display. Targeted at
experienced users who want a full-featured, affordable, high resolution
display. Available in both Energy Saver and low emission models.

I can get it to sync at 800x600 just fine but it won't run at 1024x 8-(

I'm testing it with an old Paradise video card that's well within the
sync specs posted by Spam Buster. But at 1024x I don't get a distorted
display - I don't get any display at all. It just "shuts down." But 800x
is about as high a resolution I'd want to drive it, being a 14" display.
I'm actually surprised that it was designed to run at 1024x, given the
screen size and date of manufacture.

Beautiful color. My new "emergency back up" monitor. Both the 461
monitor and the 325/s were found in the trash. Both work.

Any way to distinguish between the Energy Saver vs. low emission model?
There's no obvious Energy Star indication on the monitor or anything
specifically mentioned on the model number plate on back. I haven't
tried to put it into DPMS mode yet.

Thanks again everyone.

Old October 28th 03, 04:03 AM
Willie Hertza

This baby precedes the "plug n pray" capabilities. It will sync up to 10 by
7 at 72 Hz (57 kHz)
that was used in the CPQ QVision video cards. If you have a problem it must
be with the
Paradise card. Sure you have up to date drivers? Then you should have to
select the monitor
type by hand or just set pixel formats & refresh rates with a card utility.
Try setting 10 by 7
at a lower refresh first & then move up.

HTH
Bill