help re 3200 athlon cpu

Old July 23rd 04, 10:56 AM
PBS

Default help re 3200 athlon cpu

I bought a athlon 3200+ 400fsb cpu today and noticed it was green

al the others I have seen were brown

I did a google images search and could NOT find one green one

during my search I found your question

did you ever get a proper reply?

I want to know whether to return it or not

Old July 23rd 04, 12:55 PM
Alien Zord

"PBS" wrote in message
I bought a athlon 3200+ 400fsb cpu today and noticed it was green

al the others I have seen were brown

I did a google images search and could NOT find one green one

during my search I found your question

did you ever get a proper reply?

I want to know whether to return it or not

I have here Applebred Duron 1800s and Barton XP2800+ and 3000+ and they are
all green. The Thoroughbred and earlier were brown.

Old July 23rd 04, 01:09 PM
Miss Perspicacia Tick

Alien Zord wrote:
"PBS" wrote in message
I bought a athlon 3200+ 400fsb cpu today and noticed it was green

al the others I have seen were brown

I did a google images search and could NOT find one green one

during my search I found your question

did you ever get a proper reply?

I want to know whether to return it or not

I have here Applebred Duron 1800s and Barton XP2800+ and 3000+ and
they are all green. The Thoroughbred and earlier were brown.

AFAIK recall the green were made in the Philippines, the brown in Taiwan -
that's all.

Old July 23rd 04, 01:12 PM
JK

Why don't you write AMD about this? Typically the processor photos
you see on the net are of preproduction samples, which may differ
in appearance from the regular production runs.

Old July 23rd 04, 01:15 PM
PBS

"Miss Perspicacia Tick" wrote in message
Alien Zord wrote:
"PBS" wrote in message
I bought a athlon 3200+ 400fsb cpu today and noticed it was green

al the others I have seen were brown

I did a google images search and could NOT find one green one

during my search I found your question

did you ever get a proper reply?

I want to know whether to return it or not

I have here Applebred Duron 1800s and Barton XP2800+ and 3000+ and
they are all green. The Thoroughbred and earlier were brown.

AFAIK recall the green were made in the Philippines, the brown in Taiwan -
that's all.

well this has made in malaysia on it

another poster in a different forum just posted that he has actually handled
3200's
in both green and brown
seems the mystery , for me, is solved

all I needed to know was whether anyone can state they have seen or
installed a green 3200
not 3000 not 2800 , but 3200

thanks

Old July 23rd 04, 04:10 PM
Miss Perspicacia Tick

Alien Zord wrote:
"PBS" wrote in message
[...]

Malaysia - I sit corrected. There's still no difference, the colour just
indicates where they were manufactured.

Old July 23rd 04, 04:53 PM
PBS

Alien Zord wrote:
"PBS" wrote in message
[...]

and you are correct madam, thanks for the help.
AMD finally replied and verified that it is indeed the case,
I installed it and it runs fine

now,
whether the upgrade was worth it compared to my 2700
as far as noticeable performance is concerned, well,
that's another thread :-)

Old July 23rd 04, 10:52 PM
kony

On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 09:56:09 GMT, "PBS"
wrote:

I bought a athlon 3200+ 400fsb cpu today and noticed it was green

al the others I have seen were brown

I did a google images search and could NOT find one green one

during my search I found your question

did you ever get a proper reply?

I want to know whether to return it or not

Prejudice is not welcome here, you need to learn to accept those
of other colors.
Old July 24th 04, 12:54 PM
Alien Zord

Alien Zord wrote:
I have here Applebred Duron 1800s and Barton XP2800+ and 3000+ and
they are all green. The Thoroughbred and earlier were brown.

AFAIK recall the green were made in the Philippines, the brown in Taiwan -
that's all.

I also have here brown 2600+ TB and they were all assembled in Malaysia.