Replace a Leadtek Ti4200 with What..?

Old December 16th 03, 07:26 AM
tHatDudeUK

Default Replace a Leadtek Ti4200 with What..?

"william bell" wrote in message

Been looking at the Budget FX 5900 cards, like the CP/EVP XT & SE

versions,
only if they are worth it..

Sapphire ATI Radeon 9600 pro is best bang for buck. Nvidia cards are s***e
ATM.

Old December 17th 03, 01:52 AM
tHatDudeUK

"william bell" wrote in message
I posted in the Nvidia new group dick head, so go **** yourself..

You did but doesn't negate the fact Nvidia cards don't fully support DX9,
nvidia cheats benchmarks, and ATI just perform better for the price. Only
trying to offer info on best bang for buck here. Go ahead and buy the top
range Nvidia card if u like :-) but u did say the word "budget" which leads
me to suspect you want more for your cash than a defunct card which doesn't
fully support DX9.

Old December 17th 03, 01:54 AM
tHatDudeUK

"tHatDudeUK" wrote in message

BTW I too have a leadtek Ti4200 too and will not replace it with any GFX in
the current Nvidia product line. Would have to be an ATI 9X00 pro something
or other.

Old December 17th 03, 04:05 AM
NoneOfBusiness

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 20:51:14 +1300, william bell
wrote:

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 07:26:53 -0000, "tHatDudeUK"
wrote:

"william bell" wrote in message
. ..

Been looking at the Budget FX 5900 cards, like the CP/EVP XT & SE

versions,
only if they are worth it..

Sapphire ATI Radeon 9600 pro is best bang for buck. Nvidia cards are s***e
ATM.

I posted in the Nvidia new group dick head, so go **** yourself..

He's right though.. The 9600xt is the best bang for the buck (at least
by numerous reviews) .. I have the leadtek ti4400 and upgraded to the
sapphire 9800np. Great card and no regrets. i still use the 4400 in
another pc and i still really like it but it doesn't compare to the
ATI in performance or image quality. The newer high end Nvidia cards
are just way too expensive for my taste when you can get a 9800pro for
$300.
Unless you are itching to get a new card right now, i would wait a few
months and see what NVidia does. There is nothing wrong with your
4200 and it still plays games well and should tide you over until
then.
Old December 18th 03, 05:34 AM
MAD

Get a 5900 or a 5700 Ultra.

Others I talked to on here say the 5900 models are faster than the 5700
Ultra models. And if they are they kick ass.

"william bell" wrote in message
news

Been looking at the Budget FX 5900 cards, like the CP/EVP XT & SE

versions,
only if they are worth it..

Hard to find what speed rams are fitted and the Clock speeds..

So what do you think, Brands and a Reviews if possible..?

Just upgraded to a Gigabyte GA-8I875 Ultra, P4 2.4c CPU, running XP.

Thanks.

Old December 18th 03, 05:38 AM
MAD

http://www.overclockers.co.nz/ocnz/r...onfx5600ut0305

There is less than a 1000 point difference in 3Dmark2001se from the
5900(lower score) to the 9800pro(higher score)

In Quake 3 the 5900 beat the 9800Pro.
You can't cheat benchmarks on a game!!!