doom 3 and performance of nvidia and ati cards. Real test

Old July 24th 03, 09:20 PM
Mario Kadastik

Default doom 3 and performance of nvidia and ati cards. Real test

Hello,

I don't know if this URL has been in this newsgroup yet as it's from May
2003, but I just thought some people who are deciding what card they
want for Doom III should look at it.

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.html?i=1821&p=21

the guys from anandtech.com got Doom III for benchmarking for one night.
So the results are from real rendered Doom III not some video or guess
benchmark (afaik).

Mario

Old July 25th 03, 07:43 AM
Mario Kadastik

Thanks for the post but that's old news now bud.
I'm sure there are those who haven't seen it yet though.

I kind of guessed that, but decided that it's better to post a double
message of this content. And as I'm myself reading this newsgroup from
just July then there might be others and I've seen a lot of questions
regarding what card to get if someone want's to play Doom III.

Thanks anyway,

Mario

Old July 27th 03, 06:25 AM
First of One

A lot can change in driver development between May and... some time in 2004.
Quite a long way off to be preparing a top-end video card purchase for.

I wonder which codepath the AnandTech build was running for the FX, ARB2 or
NV30.

--
First of One, Primary Adjunctive Grid Alpha-01
Remove "NOT" from Email Address to Reply