Help with Epson Stylus CX5400

Old August 25th 05, 05:51 AM
Jeff

Default Help with Epson Stylus CX5400

I have an Epson Stylus CX 5400. Just replaced the black ink cartridge. Now
it wont print anything, just blank pages. The color cartridges didnt need
changing and I used an OEM Cartridge to replace the black. I have gone
through everything in the online instructions and instruction manual.
Nothing works. Just prints blank pages. Doea anyone have a solution? Thanks
in advance.

Jeff

Old August 25th 05, 12:40 PM
Arthur Entlich

If you email me and request the Epson Cleaning Manual, I will send you a
copy. It will probably resolve the issue you are facing.

Art

email at: e-printerhelp(at)mvps(dot)org

(at) = @
(dot) = .

Old August 25th 05, 01:33 PM
Davy

Before you do anything, give Art a email, stating model and the fault,
ask him for his cleaning manual, he will gladly oblige and you will
find it's free of charge.

His Email is you will find his posts
throughout these pages.

Davy

Old August 25th 05, 05:59 PM
Jeff

"Jan Alter" wrote in message
You removed the tape on the cartridge of course before fitting it into the
printer.

There is no tape on the cartridge to the CX 5400.

Old August 25th 05, 06:47 PM
Yianni

It is reported a relative high percentage of the cleaning pump failure of
this series printers. I assume the pump isn't working correct.

Old August 26th 05, 11:45 AM
Arthur Entlich

Is it an actual failure of the purge/cleaning pump, or the fact that the
hose to the cleaning station from the cleaning pump becomes detached
that is being reported?

Art

Old August 26th 05, 08:34 PM
Davy

Should be easy to determine if its the pump, simply lift the top and
see if you can see ink flowing through the plastic waste pipe thats
connected to the underside of the docking bay, if you switch on or go
through a cleaning cycle the ink should easily be seen flowing in the
pipe.

If it comes away there will be a good chance of ink spillage on the
bottom of the printer, another quick way to see if it came detached
(which is a common problem with the C series), get a pencil and see
if you pipe is easily moved, if its loose it will easily flop about
at the free end.

All the pump is is a gear from the paper feed rollor and a rotating
disc with a little bump on it like an hammer, since the tube is
coiled in a circular mannor, the bump squashes the tube as it rotates
in a circular motion causing the ink to be sucked.

Art refered to it as a mini milking machine some while back which is a
very good description.

The pump don't work, the ink is'nt sucked from the heads and it dries
up causing clogs, which is pushed back into the nozzles by the wiper
blade.

Davy

Old August 26th 05, 10:21 PM
Yianni

In my opinion it could happened both.
If I remember correct you sent an image (hose loose from the pad). A user
could repair this failure easy, so sending it here it could be help Jeff.

--

Yianni

Old September 14th 05, 05:48 PM

Jeff wrote:

I have an Epson Stylus CX 5400. Just replaced the black ink cartridge. Now
it wont print anything, just blank pages. The color cartridges didnt need
changing and I used an OEM Cartridge to replace the black. I have gone
through everything in the online instructions and instruction manual.
Nothing works. Just prints blank pages. Doea anyone have a solution? Thanks
in advance.

Jeff

Basically I have the same problem. How was yours resolved. I am going
through he cleaning process and I did reconnect the small
supply tube...I now qualify as a heart surgeon. It was not easy
reconnecting the tube without taking the printer apart.