Need updated bios!!!

Old May 2nd 04, 04:37 PM
McMatter

Default Need updated bios!!!

Hey I have a Packard Bell Multimedia 830, with award bios 4.51 pg, we also
bought a 80 GB HD that won't work at full capicity, is there a bios update
for this bios so I could use the full capicity of my new drive?

Old May 2nd 04, 09:18 PM
Elector

"McMatter" wrote in message
Hey I have a Packard Bell Multimedia 830, with award bios 4.51 pg,

we also
bought a 80 GB HD that won't work at full capicity, is there a bios

update
for this bios so I could use the full capicity of my new drive?

Check http://www.unicore.com and that should give you a pretty good
idea.
You could also use an add in card and this way can use the full
potential of the new Hard Drive. Also never think of using the BIOS
overlay programs since they cause more harm than good later on down
the line.

Elector

Old May 3rd 04, 03:36 AM
metronid

Probably not a bios update for that size HD
Many MB sold never tell the HD size limit
PB was good at that
Version 4.51 I though was around 40 GIGS limit
I have seen updates that allow 60GB
There are of course variables
Bios is one complex thing

If you screw up
You may never recover

If you do screw up contact me
I need extra money
Just joking

An add in card like Elector said is better
Bios overlay sucks
What it does is fools the bios by lying
It is kind of like using duct tape

The card will allow the IDE to also perform at the rated transfer if you
purchase the correct one

If you use auto detect with the AWARD BIOS
Tha is the best way
It will tell you the actual limit