Vista and 8800 GTX SLI

Old March 22nd 07, 09:01 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Reggie Hillier

Default Vista and 8800 GTX SLI

Anybody have any comments on how the drivers are working ?
I want to switch from XP to Vista but I want to make sure the drivers
are working for SLI.

Old March 23rd 07, 03:17 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Paul

Reggie Hillier wrote:
Anybody have any comments on how the drivers are working ?
I want to switch from XP to Vista but I want to make sure the drivers
are working for SLI.

I don't understand why you'd be in a rush to do that.

If you have a powerful gaming rig like that, and it is working
well under WinXP, I would wait until some compelling games
come along, that only run under Vista. You could easily wait
until the first Service Pack for Vista, before getting
excited again. Maybe by then, the beta test phase for drivers
will be complete.

Paul
Old March 23rd 07, 04:27 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
BigJim

yea stay with xp, but to answer your question about drivers.
I have tested vista ultimate with a 7600gt, 2 gig of ram and a 3.4 P4 and
the video drivers are shaky.
Had compatibility issues with FEAR but it install and worked.
If you want to run Vista I suggest purchasing a new drive and try it. I
would not try to upgrade your existing drives. Just disconnect them and put
a clean install of vista on the new drive.

Old March 23rd 07, 09:05 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
The Postman

Good idea...I have an extra drive that I can load Vista onto. Then just
change settings in the bios to boot in.

. ..

Old March 24th 07, 03:32 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
BigJim

I am pretty sure after you play around with vista you will return to xp like
I did.
Maybe in 6 mos or a year vista will be ready and so will the third party
drivers.

"The Postman" wrote in message
Good idea...I have an extra drive that I can load Vista onto. Then just
change settings in the bios to boot in.

. ..