A7N8x-UAY - anyone else own this exact board?

Old February 19th 05, 03:23 AM
Rob

Default A7N8x-UAY - anyone else own this exact board?

wrote:

UAY is the key, I find it hard to find information about this board on
the web too. -x and -deluxe is all over the place but not UAY which is
my board..
thanks,

******************************
http://www.dubya.gdshadow.net/
http://www.fpg.gdshadow.net/
******************************

I suspect you won't find anything valid either. 3 different ASUS boards
I have all have stickers that have the board type followed by -UAY.
It's not part of the name. If yours says A7N8X-UAY then your board is
most likely the original A7N8X (not a -X,-E/Deluxe or -VM). You can
verify this by looking between the PCI slots to see what name is
embossed in the board, then download the manual and compare it!HTH.
Rob
Old February 19th 05, 03:53 AM
Paul

In article ,
" DNC_TN@ wrote:

UAY is the key, I find it hard to find information about this board on
the web too. -x and -deluxe is all over the place but not UAY which is
my board..
thanks,

******************************
http://www.dubya.gdshadow.net/
http://www.fpg.gdshadow.net/
******************************

When I look on the motherboard box for my board, it says
A7N8X-E Deluxe UAY. The UAY is some kind of option code, as
several motherboard boxes I've got have the same thing on
it. I tried looking on the web but cannot see any info on
the codes.

That means you have an A7N8X. Pure and simple.

If you go here, and type in A7N8X, these are the models returned.

http://www.asus.com.tw/support/downl...&file_type=All

A7N8X A7N8X Deluxe A7N8X-E Deluxe A7N8X-VM
A7N8X-VM/400 A7N8X-X

If you click the A7N8X, you'll get a list of files. If you
look at the BIOS files, they are differentiated by the board
PCB revision number. If you look at your motherboard, somewhere
near where it says "A7N8X" in big letters, it will say "Rev x.xx" .
The download page distinguishes between 1.03, 1.04, 1.06, and 2.0 .
There are some differences between the boards (like maybe a
different stepping of the Northbridge/Southbridge chips) that
need slight differences in the BIOS, and that is why a different
BIOS file is needed. Check your PCB revision carefully before
trying to upgrade the BIOS.

You can also get a manual on that web page. The "e1293_a7n8x.pdf"
file looks like the latest.

HTH,
Paul
Old February 19th 05, 10:01 AM