HP C4180 All-in-one drivers

Old April 16th 08, 10:02 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

Default HP C4180 All-in-one drivers

If you let HP do the default 'driver' install, you lose 700 MB of disk
space. That's obscene.
Pare that down to the 'required files' and you stand to lose 200 MB
disk space.

Can anyone here tell me what are the absolute minimum files/drivers
required to get this printer/scanner to work?

I'm hoping for something in the range of 10-20 MB disk space (max.).
Even that seems large.

TIA
Old April 17th 08, 01:34 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Mike S.

wrote:
If you let HP do the default 'driver' install, you lose 700 MB of disk
space. That's obscene.
Pare that down to the 'required files' and you stand to lose 200 MB
disk space.

Can anyone here tell me what are the absolute minimum files/drivers
required to get this printer/scanner to work?

I'm hoping for something in the range of 10-20 MB disk space (max.).
Even that seems large.

TIA

I'm having a similar problem with my psc 1210. Everyone keeps telling
me to just install the software, but I refuse to waste my disk space
for that useless crap. HP support has not been helpful at all.

The HP website has some basic drivers for your printer which are about
49MB or less, depending on your OS. If you decide to try them, could
you let me know if they work, and how the installation process went?
Old April 17th 08, 04:24 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

On Apr 16, 8:34 pm, "Mike S." wrote:

The HP website has some basic drivers for your printer which are about
49MB or less, depending on your OS. If you decide to try them, could
you let me know if they work, and how the installation process went?

Hi Mike, thanks for this tip. I might try them out if nothing else
is suggested and I'll get back to you then.

Old April 17th 08, 04:43 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

On Apr 16, 11:24 pm, wrote:
On Apr 16, 8:34 pm, "Mike S." wrote:

Hi Mike, thanks for this tip. I might try them out if nothing else
is suggested and I'll get back to you then.

This is interesting. I downloaded the 45M driver(s) from HP's site
in case I wanted to install it. Then I checked my install size in the
Program Add/Remove section of XP.
It said 45M !!!

When I did the install yesterday it said a full install was 700 MB.
I unchecked all of the software boxes except for the one that said
this was essential.
The 'essential' box said it was 200 MB.

So now I'm not sure how to proceed. I didn't check the file size of my
c: drive before I installed the drivers.

Old April 18th 08, 05:15 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

On Apr 17, 4:46 pm, Andrew Rossmann

Look on the HP site for 'corporate' drivers. They usually just support
the basic printer features.

The full 700M includes all the photo editing, photo management,
continous memory-hogging managing (warning you if the ink is low, out of
paper, etc...)

Don't always believe the file sizes shown in Add/Remove programs.

Thanks Andy for your help! I really appreciate it.

HP C4180 Question Big John Printers 0 February 23rd 07 05:46 PM
Photo print quality on HP C4180 (on a Mac) Mikey_Jax Printers 0 January 28th 07 03:51 PM
HP C4180 USB extension connection problem [email protected] Printers 6 January 16th 07 07:37 AM
Edimax 1206MF and HP Photosmart C4180 Piotr Printers 1 January 6th 07 01:31 PM
HP C4180 Install Issues. Haggar Printers 1 December 31st 06 05:21 PM