what software for conversion of different formats to VCD?

Old July 3rd 03, 03:03 AM
Graeme Ellis

Default what software for conversion of different formats to VCD?

TMPGENC! - www.tmpgenc.com Register for mpg2 conversions but VCD will work
otherwise. Also can handle AVI & MOV files.
I recommend the KVCD formats, nonstandard but if your DVD player can handle
them try it. I can get 90mins+ DVD 720x480 res on a 800MB VCD.
http://www.kvcd.net/dvd-models
Use VCDeasy www.vcdeasy.org to author the files to CDs. Works with the
nonstandard file types.

For how to guides & other utilities. www.vcdhelp.com

"Leythos" wrote in message
I'm new to the VCD format, but I have a DVD-RW drive and a new DVD
Player for my home theatre system that plays MP3, WMA, VCD, DVD-R, DVD-
RW, etc....

Over the years I have moved a lot of home movies of the kids to avi and
mpeg formats. The RecordNowDX software that I have will only make VCD's
out of mpeg format files that are of a specific type and most of my
files don't match that format.

As I don't have any software that will convert from MPEG/AVI to the
standard format I need to burn VCD's I'm open to suggestions.

I would like to purchase the application as cheaply as possible, it does
not have to build/burn the VCD format, only allow me to take any
MPEG/AVI and convert it to MPEG that I can use the CD burning software
to make VCD's.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Mark

(Remove 999 to reply to me)

Old July 3rd 03, 03:06 AM
Graeme Ellis

Seems VCDeasy has gone shareware, to bad but worth the $15.00. Try the last
freeware version here.

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/vi...ls/vcdeasy.cfm

Old July 3rd 03, 11:37 PM
It's Me Again

I am practically in the same boat as you.

Here's a great site. http://www.dvdrhelp.com/

"Leythos" wrote in message
I'm new to the VCD format, but I have a DVD-RW drive and a new DVD
Player for my home theatre system that plays MP3, WMA, VCD, DVD-R, DVD-
RW, etc....

64-bit software on 32-bit hardware Amiman General 8 December 19th 04 10:29 PM
HP PSC2510 software reinstalls itself on bootup! Graham Moore Homebuilt PC's 1 October 14th 04 03:05 AM
Freedom: Coming to a Windows Box Near You Ablang General 0 June 30th 04 03:04 AM
Protected vs Real esara Homebuilt PC's 1 May 1st 04 06:00 AM
What software can't P4 2.4Ghz handle? online General 4 July 9th 03 09:25 PM