Pleeez Help!! Dual Monitor ATI Radeon 7000

Old June 28th 03, 01:21 AM
Maheep Singh

Default Pleeez Help!! Dual Monitor ATI Radeon 7000

Dear ATI Cyber Guru:

I have a need for two monitors, and have an ATI Radeon (powered by ATI) 7000
series dual monitor video card with a Windows 2000 operating system. I have
the latest drivers for this video card as well as the other components.
Certain programs do not install unless I unplug one of the monitors, and
other programs result in a corrupt interface that makes working with them
difficult, if not impossible. And I cannot get my Ameritrade trading
interface, powered by Java, to fully develop, forcing me to use alternate
software to day trade. The results are a little better if I DO NOT install
IE 6.0 and Outlook Express 6.0, so I am staying with 5.0 and 5.5
respectively. About seventy percent of the programs though are trouble free
and install without problem. The inconsistent behavior does not tell me
anything about where to start looking to address this matter. Trying to
overcome this incompatibility, I changed my motherboard from an Abit KRA7 to
a Soyo KD 400 Dragon Ultra, and stopped using the RAID=0 feature, but that
did not change anything. I have a Gig of DDR, and an Athlon XP 1800, single
Maxtor HDD. My monitors are Princeton EO2010, and an HP P1110, both 21 inch,
and about the same vintage as the video card. Can any kind soul point me in
the direction of the incompatibility? As I am not a PC geek, do you think I
might have tweaked the BIOS the wrong way? I tried to stay with the default
values as much as possible, deviating only where I was sure of what the
value meant. I did turn on the AGP fast write. I hope that is not a
problem. The ATI dual monitor is a sensibly priced card (about $80), versus
the Matrox which is in the region of $500, however, if anyone's experience
suggests that changing to some other card might make a definite improvement,
I am willing to undertake the expense.

Thank you.

Maheep Singh
Email:

Pssst: Have you done your good deed for the day!!