P4C800-E Deluxe I cannot get my Network to work

Old February 13th 04, 05:45 PM
wilbure

Default P4C800-E Deluxe I cannot get my Network to work

I have tried loading the drivers for my Lan controller off the CD that came
with the motherboard and still I cannot get it to work, the one thing I
nothiced that it says win 98 and NT ....I have XP....why do they not have
drivers for XP on the CD ? I am new at building my own ,,,,any help will be
greatly appreciated. One other thing ......I disabled the promise controller
in bios because I do not have a SATA drive I have a ATA100 drive ....the
reason why was everytime I booted I got SATA bios not loaded or something
like that....this I do not understand ...Should I leave it on anyway ? I can
deal with that but cannot do diddle without a internet connection
......thanks!

Old February 13th 04, 06:08 PM
GB

Here is how I installed my drivers for the onboard lan.
Go to Start/My Computer
RIGHT click on my computer and select Properties.
From that screen select the Hardware tab
Select device manager
Look and see if you have any yellow exclamation marks
If you do put the ASUS CD in the drive that came with your motherboard and
cancel out of the autorun.
Right click on the sub item device with exclamation point and select update
driver
Windows will check the CDROM disk and usually finds the driver.
I just built mine yesterday and found several items with yellow exclamation
marks and fixed all of them this way.
Hope this helps.

news

Old February 18th 04, 07:40 AM
Karl Burrows

You will get the SATA BIOS error if there is nothing connected. SATA runs
like SCSI. When you boot, it looks to the SATA controller to see if any
drives are there to load in the BIOS. If not, it gives you the message and
moves on.

The drivers for the Intel NIC are on the CD under utilities. You have to
install the drivers. The management software is optional.

news I have tried loading the drivers for my Lan controller off the CD that came

Old February 18th 04, 02:58 PM
Unknown

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 01:40:58 -0500, "Karl Burrows"
wrote:

,;You will get the SATA BIOS error if there is nothing connected. SATA runs
,;like SCSI. When you boot, it looks to the SATA controller to see if any
,;drives are there to load in the BIOS. If not, it gives you the message and
,;moves on.
,;
,;"wilbure" wrote in message
,;news ,;I have tried loading the drivers for my Lan controller off the CD that came
,;with the motherboard and still I cannot get it to work, the one thing I
,;nothiced that it says win 98 and NT ....I have XP....why do they not have
,;drivers for XP on the CD ? I am new at building my own ,,,,any help will be
,;greatly appreciated. One other thing ......I disabled the promise controller
,;in bios because I do not have a SATA drive I have a ATA100 drive ....the
,;reason why was everytime I booted I got SATA bios not loaded or something
,;like that....this I do not understand ...Should I leave it on anyway ? I can
,;deal with that but cannot do diddle without a internet connection
,;.....thanks!
,;

I had this problem on a P$P800-VM. The ethernet connection in Device
Manager was flagged. I clicked properties and there was an option to
fix the problem. i let it do its thing and all was well.