A7N8X Deluxe is dead help please

Old July 7th 03, 04:19 PM
Mike Gregory

Default A7N8X Deluxe is dead help please

I have the following problem.
I tried to clear the CMOS at a motherboard A7N8X Deluxe. Well I moved the
jumper from the position 1-2 to position 2-3 I removed the battery. Then
reinstall the battery and move the jumper back.
I can not boot anymore. I don't hear nothing. No beep. I can not see
nothing. The pc is dead. The onboard green led is open . I can see the green
light.

Please advice and help.

Thanks in advance.

Old July 7th 03, 04:59 PM
rstlne

"Mike Gregory" wrote in message
I have the following problem.
I tried to clear the CMOS at a motherboard A7N8X Deluxe. Well I moved the
jumper from the position 1-2 to position 2-3 I removed the battery. Then
reinstall the battery and move the jumper back.
I can not boot anymore. I don't hear nothing. No beep. I can not see
nothing. The pc is dead. The onboard green led is open . I can see the

green
light.

Please advice and help.

Thanks in advance.

Did you unplug the PSU before you tried to clear the battery?, was the PC
turned off, did you check to make sure the battery is in the correct
position?

Have you checked your power SWitch lead to make sure it didnt get
disconnected while you reset the bios..

Have you tried disconnecting the power cables, clearing cmos (leave battery
in, move jumper over, then move it back) and reconnect power cables..

When you try to turn the power on do the fans (any of them) start spinning
or no?

Old July 7th 03, 05:02 PM
Mike Bernstein

That is the wrong order. You should remove the battery first then briefly
move the jumper and return it before putting the battery back. Doing it your
way may have damaged some components. You should have read the manual first.

Old July 7th 03, 05:39 PM
Mike Gregory

Yes the fans are working.
I red the book I followed the order from book.

I turn off the pc the cables was gone.

Old July 7th 03, 06:58 PM
rstlne

I would try to reset it again, unplug, wait for led to die, take out the
battery, reset, put switch back, put battery back, plug back in, power up..

I dont belive in removing the battery, but the manual does call for it, so I
gues you should do it "per" the manual

Old July 7th 03, 07:04 PM
Mike Gregory

I just reset it back. Nothing good, the same problem. I put away the agp
video card I start with a pci card. I put away the memory and start without
is the same..
Maybe is not a good contact at the battery. How to check if it is a good
contact?

Thank you

Old July 7th 03, 07:35 PM
rstlne

There is no way to "visually" tell if a contact is made.
Are you sure you put the battery back in the "correct" way

Old July 7th 03, 07:42 PM
Mike Gregory

Visually it seems to be OK. It is with plus up. I already tried with a
voltmeter. I put the - at the case and + on the battery and is OK. I have
3.1 V

Old July 7th 03, 07:46 PM
rstlne

Visually it seems to be OK. It is with plus up. I already tried with a
voltmeter. I put the - at the case and + on the battery and is OK. I have
3.1 V

My guess is that the CMOS chip or the bios chip is screw'd then

Old July 7th 03, 08:45 PM
Mike Gregory

I don't understand why. I didn't make a bios update now. I already did it
few days ago in windows using the software from asus. Bios version was 1500.