Need help determining capacitor value

Old December 26th 03, 02:11 AM
PRIVATE1964

OK I'm really confused.
Two people posted that the markings were something like this Sanyo marked
510/4 105c 3a on an MSI card that is like yours or a reference design.
The picture that was posted had different markings on the cap. I also didn't
see Sanyo printed anywhere on it.
So how did we ever find out the cap in the picture was made by Sanyo and get
the values. If the values of the one in the picture and the values from two
posts are totally different?
Old December 26th 03, 02:28 AM
Mark A

"PRIVATE1964" wrote in message
OK I'm really confused.
Two people posted that the markings were something like this Sanyo marked
510/4 105c 3a on an MSI card that is like yours or a reference design.
The picture that was posted had different markings on the cap. I also

didn't
see Sanyo printed anywhere on it.
So how did we ever find out the cap in the picture was made by Sanyo and

get
the values. If the values of the one in the picture and the values from

two
posts are totally different?

Based on the comments by others about the capacitors being Sanyo, I went to
Sanyo web site and found the capacitor that matched the one on the card
(which is different than some people thought was the missing one).
http://www.saga-sanyo.co.jp/test/cgi...ode.cgi?id=SVP
The markings on the capacitor indicates the lot number (not important in
this case), the model (SVP), the capacitance, and voltage rating.

The capacitor in the picture of the good video card is the 82 uF, 16V model
16SVP82M. Usually, capacitors from other manufacturers may be substituted if
the have the same specs. Besides the capacitance and voltage rating, there
is the temperature rating plus other specs that may come into play depending
on the application.

Old December 26th 03, 03:44 AM
PRIVATE1964

(which is different than some people thought was the missing one).

How did 2 persons come up with close to the same markings? They both were
looking at the wrong cap?

Well, good detective work and thanks for almost clearing this up in my mind.
Also what you listed about the markings is what I meant in my first post. You
can't always trust the numbers as being only the value, because it could be a
part number or part of a part number. Some companies will mark components in
different ways such as caps..

Old December 26th 03, 12:44 PM
Erwin Dokter

Well, thanks to all for digging into this, but unfortunately I have
concluded that one or more memory chips are shot. I tried the card
with temporary 100 uF in place, but it showed the same problems with a
corrupted desktop, indicating failed memory.

It's going into my junk box.