2500 to 3200 not working

Old April 16th 04, 01:59 AM
Mike B

Default 2500 to 3200 not working

I have an option on my NF7-S to overclock the 2500 barton in here to 3200+.
11x200. when i do that, it boots but right before windows begins to load, it
resets or goes to the F8 screen. what else do i need to consider?
fsb on mobo is 400, ram(ONE STICK in third slot) is showing as
pc3200(2-3-3-5), cpu temp is at 40 idle and never gets above 50 even while
playing halo. i'm not sure what else to do. do i need to change voltage?

Old April 16th 04, 02:01 AM
Robert Jackson Marley

loosen ram timings, add vcore up to id say 1.8, etc
newsdGfc.152080$JO3.90295@attbi_s04...

Old April 16th 04, 06:16 AM
Augustus

what else do i need to consider?
fsb on mobo is 400, ram(ONE STICK in third slot) is showing as
pc3200(2-3-3-5), cpu temp is at 40 idle and never gets above 50 even while
playing halo. i'm not sure what else to do. do i need to change voltage?

Mine did this until I upped vcore to 1.775, then no problems.

Old April 16th 04, 09:36 AM
rms

pc3200(2-3-3-5),

try 2-3-3-8 or -10

rms

Old April 16th 04, 10:53 PM
Lee

yeah definately relax memory timings to something like 2.5-3-3-7 the
difference between cas 2 and 2.5 is there is no difference and probably
need to up your vcore alittle.

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 00:59:01 GMT, "Mike B" wrote:

:I have an option on my NF7-S to overclock the 2500 barton in here to 3200+.
:11x200. when i do that, it boots but right before windows begins to load, it
:resets or goes to the F8 screen. what else do i need to consider?
:fsb on mobo is 400, ram(ONE STICK in third slot) is showing as
:pc3200(2-3-3-5), cpu temp is at 40 idle and never gets above 50 even while
:playing halo. i'm not sure what else to do. do i need to change voltage?
:

-----
Lee.
Old April 19th 04, 02:00 PM
~misfit~

Mike B wrote:
I have an option on my NF7-S to overclock the 2500 barton in here to
3200+. 11x200. when i do that, it boots but right before windows
begins to load, it resets or goes to the F8 screen. what else do i
need to consider?
fsb on mobo is 400, ram(ONE STICK in third slot) is showing as
pc3200(2-3-3-5), cpu temp is at 40 idle and never gets above 50 even
while playing halo. i'm not sure what else to do. do i need to change
voltage?

Yep, raise the core voltage (vcore) to probably about 1.725v, maybe more,
maybe less, depends on your CPU. Once you have it booting into Windows
download and run Prime95 and run the torture test. If it doesn't run
error-free for 8-12 hours it isn't stable, raise the vcore a little more.

Higher vcore = higher temperature too so watch your temps. If raising the
vcore as far as 1.8v doesn't do it drop it back a bit and boot with the
Memtest86+ floppy (Google it) to see if it's your memory causing the
problems, if it is, relax the timings a little.

Good luck. I've set up four 2500+'s now and they've all done 11 x 200
stably.
--
~misfit~