GA-8SG667 And USB 2.0

Old July 28th 04, 11:31 AM
Claudio Di Flumeri

Default GA-8SG667 And USB 2.0

I have some problems in using the USB2.0 ports with my PC. I have a
GA-8SG667 motherboard and it "seems" to support the USB2.0 standard (I have
a total of 6 USB2.0/1.1 ports).
I have WindowsXP SP1, so i haven't installed any external driver because it
natively supports USB2.0. When I try to connect my external Hard Disk
(USB2.0) to any of the USB ports, I get the following message

"Windows has detected that a high speed USB device is attached to a low
speed port"

and Windows suggests me to connect the device to one of the ports of my high
speed usb hub. But i've tried with each of my 6 ports and it always gives me
that message! In the motherboard BIOS there is just one "USB Controller"
reference and it is Enabled.
Any idea about that?

Old July 28th 04, 06:23 PM
jpsga

"Claudio Di Flumeri" wrote in message
[...]

You still have to install the *Host Controller* and the USB Patch.
JPS

Old July 29th 04, 08:19 AM
Claudio Di Flumeri

What is the *Host Controller* and how can I install it? I think i don't have
to install any USB patch, i've searched the Gigabyte web site and it tells
me that there aren't patches for Windows XP Pro (I have to use the driver
installed with OS), just for 98/ME/2000.