GA-7NNXP no VRM Card

Old July 24th 04, 12:14 AM
Zogg

Default GA-7NNXP no VRM Card

Hi,

I've just bought one of these boards as 'refurbished' at a very good
price but it's missing everything except the board itself. I've got
cables etc. and can download manuals, drivers etc from the Gigabyte
website. The main thing that concerns me is the missing VRM card. Will
this board work without this card? If so what difference does the card
make and where can I get one from? I have a 500w PSU in my PC case.

Any advice appreciated,

Many thanks

Andy T.

Old July 24th 04, 11:22 AM
Monty

Zogg wrote:

Hi,

I used the VRM card for 8-9 months but a month ago I took it out to
accomodate a Zalman heatsink. Haven't noticed any problems without
it. I have a 550W PSU but that is overkill anyway.

HTH,

Old July 24th 04, 02:18 PM
flossie

"Monty" wrote in message
Zogg wrote:

Hi,

I used the VRM card for 8-9 months but a month ago I took it out to
accomodate a Zalman heatsink. Haven't noticed any problems without
it. I have a 550W PSU but that is overkill anyway.

HTH,

This stabilises the voltage to the CPU. If this (VRM) or the power to the
motherboard Blows supplying power to the CPU, then it offers the ability to
power the CPU from the other source.

PCI PVR card for use with Dish Network DBS? Dave C. Homebuilt PC's 4 June 21st 04 07:03 PM
TV tuner card for LCD Stacey General 15 April 4th 04 03:06 AM
Bootabe Compact Flash Card on USB ... Possible on the P4C800E-Deluxe kda Asus Motherboards 0 January 28th 04 07:06 PM
Video card for Asus CUSL2 Kamal Asus Motherboards 2 January 28th 04 06:03 PM
Add PCI card gives 1 Long 2 Short Beeps Jane Tweedynn General 5 October 6th 03 01:15 AM