Video card in Dimension 8200?

Old January 9th 06, 05:57 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

Default Video card in Dimension 8200?

The nVidia GeForce2/FX card in my Dimension 8200 won't support some of the games I'd like to try.

What faster card will fit in the slots of the 8200?

Ken

Old January 9th 06, 08:17 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

My invoice defines my card as "64mb nVidia GeForce2 MX Graphics card with TV-Out"

Ken

In , on 01/09/06
at 01:10 PM, Joel said:

wrote:
The nVidia GeForce2/FX card in my Dimension 8200 won't support some of the games I'd like to try.

What faster card will fit in the slots of the 8200?

Ken

Do a search for any AGP 4x card. Which Nvidia card do you have? Is it the
4200? The problem is that many of the cards that Dell provided were only
64M of RAM. Also many of the new games require very high video rates. the
new technology for video cards is PCI X16.

K.F.Hammer Associates Ken Hammer
management consultations Barnet, VT 05821

Old January 9th 06, 10:44 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

wrote in message
. net...
My invoice defines my card as "64mb nVidia GeForce2 MX Graphics card with
TV-Out"

Ken

You can go with most any AGP card compatible with your 4x AGP slot. Your
system has a 250watt rated power supply. You should be able to find some
nice 128mb or perhaps even 256mb AGP 4x/8x cards out there without breaking
your wallet.

Stew

Old January 9th 06, 11:17 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

wrote:
The nVidia GeForce2/FX card in my Dimension 8200 won't support some of the games I'd like to try.

What faster card will fit in the slots of the 8200?

Ken

I bought NVidia GeForceFX 5500 OC 256MB DDR AGP 8X/4X and it works great.