ProLiant 1600 and Fedora Core 5

Old May 6th 06, 04:27 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers

Default ProLiant 1600 and Fedora Core 5

I am having an unusual problem getting FC5 to work on my 1600's. No
matter how many times I run SmartStart 5.50, setting the OS to Linux, I
can't get the OS to recognize a standard connected PS2 mouse. Am I
doing something wrong? I have tried everything that I can think
of...have I, somehow, uncovered a FC5 defect?

Please advise.

Jeffrey Alsip

Old May 8th 06, 04:04 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers

NFC, Jeff ... I dont do opensource. Sorry I cant help.

Oh ... did you try running the SCU in advanced mode ( CTRL+A ) to see if it
was configured for headless mode? Its about the only thing i can think of

- LC

Old May 10th 06, 12:28 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers

Nut Cracker wrote:
NFC, Jeff ... I dont do opensource. Sorry I cant help.

Oh ... did you try running the SCU in advanced mode ( CTRL+A ) to see if it
was configured for headless mode? Its about the only thing i can think of

- LC

Nothing works. FreeBSD, Ubuntu, and Solaris 10 all install without a
problem. It appears that this may, indeed, be a Fedora Core 5 problem.
I have reported the problem.

Jeff

Old May 10th 06, 01:57 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers

"Jeffrey Alsip" wrote in message
oups.com...

Nut Cracker wrote:
NFC, Jeff ... I dont do opensource. Sorry I cant help.

Oh ... did you try running the SCU in advanced mode ( CTRL+A ) to see if
it
was configured for headless mode? Its about the only thing i can think of

- LC

Nothing works. FreeBSD, Ubuntu, and Solaris 10 all install without a
problem. It appears that this may, indeed, be a Fedora Core 5 problem.
I have reported the problem.

Jeff

It would appear that FC5 is out of step with the parade ...

I started to download the dvd iso last night so I could stand up a vmware
GSX guest on one of my machines. I know way too much to not know linux ...
so im going to change that a bit.

Old May 10th 06, 10:36 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers

It would appear that FC5 is out of step with the parade ...

I started to download the dvd iso last night so I could stand up a vmware
GSX guest on one of my machines. I know way too much to not know linux ...
so im going to change that a bit.

I hope you realize that if we continue this thread, Guy Macon is sure
to sound in and insist that we "make our own Linux". He will tell us
that we can't know what's REALLY going on unless we do. I am likely to
disagree with him, forcing him to pull out that ultimate super-flame of
his.

It could get ugly.

Jeff

Old May 10th 06, 11:08 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers

Jeffrey Alsip wrote:

I hope you realize that if we continue this thread, Guy Macon is sure
to sound in and insist that we "make our own Linux".

It is really too bad how linux has become Balkanized into
parochial distributions. The BSDs have one authoritative
dist. for each flavor and are clean and stable. I have
been battling with a sea of incompatible revisions and
patches on a linux 2.4 kernel now for weeks and the
taste in my mouth is bitter. Now that AT&T SVR4 sources
are available I wonder why there is no effort to extend
development of a real Unix into the future.

Regards,

Michael