RILOE, RILOE II in a non-HPaq Machine

Old April 14th 06, 06:21 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers

Default RILOE, RILOE II in a non-HPaq Machine

Anyone ever get this to work ? Ive never tried it, but my gut tells me it
wont work.

- LC

Old April 15th 06, 06:56 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers

NuTCrAcKeR wrote:
Anyone ever get this to work ? Ive never tried it, but my gut tells me it
wont work.

- LC

I can tell you that I have tried to get a few different Smart
Controllers to work in non-Compaq machines with absolutely NO success.
Although the HP Netraid cards seem to work in anything.

Jeff

Old April 15th 06, 08:04 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers

"Jeffrey Alsip" wrote in message
oups.com...

NuTCrAcKeR wrote:
Anyone ever get this to work ? Ive never tried it, but my gut tells me it
wont work.

- LC

I can tell you that I have tried to get a few different Smart
Controllers to work in non-Compaq machines with absolutely NO success.
Although the HP Netraid cards seem to work in anything.

Jeff

The NetRAID controllers were typically Mylex, AMI or Adaptec OEM devices
....all PC compatable.

Old April 15th 06, 04:59 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers

Jeffrey Alsip wrote:

I can tell you that I have tried to get a few different Smart
Controllers to work in non-Compaq machines with absolutely NO success.

I am very happy with both the Smart-2/DH and -2/P running on
Novell 3.12 in a variety of non HP/Compaq boxen; the ACU runs
properly on all of them.

Regards,

Michael Grigoni
Cybertheque Museum
Old April 15th 06, 05:00 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers

NuTCrAcKeR wrote:

Anyone ever get this to work ? Ive never tried it, but my gut tells me it
wont work.

I'll try both flavors on an IBM PL300 tower later when I have some
time and report back.

Regards,

Michael Grigoni
Cybertheque Museum
Old April 19th 06, 12:29 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers

Im guessing no one has been able to get this to work.

ok , thanks.

- LC

Old May 1st 06, 04:06 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers

Look at it from the opposite point of view:
With SmartArray controllers, you can generally upgrade from 1 to another,
and your disks still work.
Try doing that with a NetRaid controller.

I havent done that with NetRAID controllers (as i dont have any of those
****ty old HP boxes), but i have done it loads of times with IBM ServeRAID
controllers. You just have to know what yer doing.

- LC

Opteron question Paul S. Overclocking AMD Processors 9 April 4th 05 10:27 PM
upgrade video card on old machine...advise? Dom Nvidia Videocards 40 March 20th 05 02:59 PM
Help setting up a Kick Ass Machine with 1 Terrabyte of Storage P4 or G5 Rita Ä Berkowitz Storage (alternative) 2 January 27th 04 11:05 PM
Wireless ? [email protected] General 4 November 5th 03 02:47 AM
Hard drive that boots elsewhere refuses to boot in this machine Simon O'Connor General 9 July 22nd 03 06:34 AM