NVIDIA GeForce9600m GT not recognized after installing Windows 7

Old August 28th 10, 10:09 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Peter Damgaard Brusendorff

Default NVIDIA GeForce9600m GT not recognized after installing Windows 7

Hello Everyone.

i have a FujitzuSiemens Notebook Amilo Xi 3650 with two Graphic cards:

- A NVIDIA Geforce 9600M GT, and
- A Mobile Intel(45) Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation -
WDDM 1.1

I recently installed Windows 7 Home Edition, and discovered a serious
problem: After the installation, the computer no longer recognize my
graphic card. Instead it claims - when looking in the device manager -
that I have a "Standard VGA graphic adapter" . There is a little yellow
sign on the VGA graphic adapter with an exclamation mark.

I can not install the NVIDIA 258.96 notebook driver found on NVIDIAS
Download page for my product. The installation just says "NVIDIA couldnt
find a driver compatible with your hardware". That's again, because
Windows 7 does'nt recognize my NVIDIA graphics card.

I have tried to uninstall the VGA adapter from device manager, but after
restarting Windows it is just installed again.

Further I have tried to manualy install the NVIDIA driver by trying to
update the Standard VGA adapter, pointing at the installation files
unpacked by the NVIDIA installation program, choosing my card in the
dialog box, but during the installation Windows/NVIDIA report a problem
and force the NVIDIA uninstall manager to uninstall the driver and
starts restoring the "right" driver for the Standard VGA adapter.

Is there anything i can do? I am running out of good ideas now and would
like to hear whether someone here do know what to do in such situation.

Best regards

Peter Brusendorff
Denmark
Old August 28th 10, 07:15 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
deimos[_2_]

On 8/28/2010 4:09 AM, Peter Damgaard Brusendorff wrote:
[...]

Since it's a hybrid setup, you might have to use a Fujitsu supplied
driver for whatever reason (different PCI ID's?). Also from what I can
find on the web, your BIOS should allow you to use only one graphics
chip if you want. Try forcing an NVIDIA only config and see if anything
changes.

Just from the NVIDIA driver page, I can't see a reason why it wouldn't
install, unless you tried using a 64-bit driver on 32-bit or such.
Old August 28th 10, 07:20 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Homer Jay Simpson[_3_]

"Peter Damgaard Brusendorff" wrote in message
k...
[...]

Fujitsu Technology Solutions specifies that the following Windows 7 Support
minimum requirements for the AMILO XI-3650 is BIOS Version 1.0G or later and
there is only a Limited Support level of support.

Limited Support
.. System works with Windows 7.
.. In some cases Windows Vista drivers and utilities have to be used for some
components.

Limited Support
Please ensure to upgrade your system BIOS with the required version or
higher.

Please find the latest BIOS and driver versions on our Fujitsu Support
pages:
http://support.ts.fujitsu.com/com/support/windows7.html

Old August 28th 10, 08:07 PM
lostprince lostprince is offline
Junior Member

Aah! same things happened for me also..
I installed win 7 and my video cards not recognized anymore..
how silly.
I had to back to windows xp again. bt wanna use win 7
if you guys have driver for this video card please post..
Old August 29th 10, 12:51 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Homer Jay Simpson[_3_]

--
lostprince

Have you tried looking for Windows 7 drivers here
http://support.ts.fujitsu.com/com/support/windows7.html

Old August 29th 10, 07:31 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
GMAN[_13_]

In article , lostprince wrote:

Aah! same things happened for me also..
I installed win 7 and my video cards not recognized anymore..
how silly.
I had to back to windows xp again. bt wanna use win 7
if you guys have driver for this video card please post..

Try the vista driver
Old August 30th 10, 02:49 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Robert Miles[_2_]

"lostprince" wrote in message

Aah! same things happened for me also..
I installed win 7 and my video cards not recognized anymore..
how silly.
I had to back to windows xp again. bt wanna use win 7
if you guys have driver for this video card please post..

--
lostprince

Here's where you're supposed to be able to download
the Windows 7 driver, after specifying enough detail
to make sure you're asking for the right driver:

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Note that the 9600M GT is shown among the notebook
graphics cards.

No idea if the one it offers is compatible with the Fujitsu
and Intel hardware, though.

Robert Miles

Old August 30th 10, 09:19 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
KCB[_2_]

[...]

Have you disabled the Intel graphics, or are you trying to use them both?
Win7 will use multiple video cards, but you may have a hardware limitation
which prevents this.