Are there any reasons upgrading nVidia GeForce driver v191.07 ifa GTS250 is used ?

Old February 15th 10, 10:00 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Peter Dassow

Default Are there any reasons upgrading nVidia GeForce driver v191.07 ifa GTS250 is used ?

I am using a MSI GTS250 with 1Meg and I'm pretty satisfied with the
results (also compared to my former ATI HD5770 try). I am using now
nVidia 191.07 drivers for XP and I guess later driver optimizations
affects only G200 based nVidia cards (and the GTS250 is G92b based).
So are there any reasons upgrading the driver software for XP yet ?

Regards
Peter
Old February 15th 10, 11:38 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
First of One[_2_]

Each release fixes a few bugs with certain games and applications. See
history of changes:
http://us.download.nvidia.com/Window...ease_Notes.pdf

Old February 16th 10, 03:56 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
deimos[_2_]

On 2/15/2010 4:00 AM, Peter Dassow wrote:
I am using a MSI GTS250 with 1Meg and I'm pretty satisfied with the
results (also compared to my former ATI HD5770 try). I am using now
nVidia 191.07 drivers for XP and I guess later driver optimizations
affects only G200 based nVidia cards (and the GTS250 is G92b based).
So are there any reasons upgrading the driver software for XP yet ?

Regards
Peter

I'm using 196.21 with a 9800GTX+ (same as GTS250) and seeing better
performance in several games over the 191 series. Other than that the
newer driver supports DX11 (software, DirectCompute), OpenCL, newer
Physx drivers, better power management; lots of things. Oh and Fallout
3 was finally fixed.
Old February 16th 10, 04:07 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
First of One[_2_]

It's interesting they got SLI working correctly with Mass Effect 2 (which
the game, being CPU-limited, arguably doesn't need...), but not AA. Still
have the rename the exe...

Old February 18th 10, 12:23 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
deimos[_2_]

On 2/16/2010 12:28 AM, Steve wrote:
In , deimos@localhost says...

On 2/15/2010 4:00 AM, Peter Dassow wrote:
I am using a MSI GTS250 with 1Meg and I'm pretty satisfied with the
results (also compared to my former ATI HD5770 try). I am using now
nVidia 191.07 drivers for XP and I guess later driver optimizations
affects only G200 based nVidia cards (and the GTS250 is G92b based).
So are there any reasons upgrading the driver software for XP yet ?

Regards
Peter

I'm using 196.21 with a 9800GTX+ (same as GTS250) and seeing better
performance in several games over the 191 series. Other than that the
newer driver supports DX11 (software, DirectCompute), OpenCL, newer
Physx drivers, better power management; lots of things. Oh and Fallout
3 was finally fixed.

Which card(s) of Nvidia's uses DX11?

They don't, you need a the driver to simply support the API. You can
still run HAL through DX10.1 level hardware. DX11 is a superset of DX10.