Different Nvidia cards in same machine

Old February 8th 10, 03:44 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Thomas Andersson

Default Different Nvidia cards in same machine

Hi!

I currently have a 7800GTX w. TV-out and is looking to buy a 260GTX but have
a hard time finding a Core 216 with TV-Out I like.
My question to you is, could I possibly have both cards installed in my
machine and use the old just for the TV-Out? I know I can't SLI them, but
could the above scenario work?
And while at it, if I could use both cards like that, could the old one do
physics or is it to old??

Best Wishes
Thomas

Old February 9th 10, 01:11 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
deimos[_2_]

On 2/8/2010 9:44 AM, Thomas Andersson wrote:
Hi!

I currently have a 7800GTX w. TV-out and is looking to buy a 260GTX but have
a hard time finding a Core 216 with TV-Out I like.
My question to you is, could I possibly have both cards installed in my
machine and use the old just for the TV-Out? I know I can't SLI them, but
could the above scenario work?
And while at it, if I could use both cards like that, could the old one do
physics or is it to old??

Best Wishes
Thomas

So long as they can both exist on the same driver version, you'll be
fine. Physx is G80 or above only (8800 series+); otherwise it's only
useful for driving many displays. Saw your other thread too, usually a
single card setup is better overall.
Old February 9th 10, 01:54 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Thomas Andersson

deimos wrote:
On 2/8/2010 9:44 AM, Thomas Andersson wrote:
Hi!

I currently have a 7800GTX w. TV-out and is looking to buy a 260GTX
but have a hard time finding a Core 216 with TV-Out I like.
My question to you is, could I possibly have both cards installed in
my machine and use the old just for the TV-Out? I know I can't SLI
them, but could the above scenario work?
And while at it, if I could use both cards like that, could the old
one do physics or is it to old??

So long as they can both exist on the same driver version, you'll be
fine. Physx is G80 or above only (8800 series+); otherwise it's only
useful for driving many displays. Saw your other thread too, usually
a single card setup is better overall.

Yes and that's what I aim for, as you've guessed using the two cards is only
an emergency solution in case I can't get hold of what I want. Right now it
seems very hard to get those cards :/

Best Wishes
Thomas