Does this Power Supply have 24-pin connector?

Old February 26th 06, 08:41 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Default Does this Power Supply have 24-pin connector?

For a Socket 939 AMD board I am suppose to have a 24-pin power
connector right?

If so, does this case' power supply have 24 pin connector?

Can't find anywhere that it says 24-pin or not
help

Old February 26th 06, 10:33 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Theodore wrote:
If so, does this case' power supply have 24 pin connector?

Can't find anywhere that it says 24-pin or not
help

You can count them in the picture!

Old February 26th 06, 10:43 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Theodore Baldwin Boothe III wrote:
For a Socket 939 AMD board I am suppose to have a 24-pin power
connector right?

If so, does this case' power supply have 24 pin connector?

Can't find anywhere that it says 24-pin or not
help

Just toss it and get a decent power supply like a thermaltake, you will
be happier in the long run.
Old February 26th 06, 11:06 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 21:33:39 GMT, "Fishface" ?
wrote:

Theodore wrote:
If so, does this case' power supply have 24 pin connector?

Can't find anywhere that it says 24-pin or not
help

You can count them in the picture!

There is only one picture of the group which even show the PINS and
that picture is to small to see the details of the PINS.
At least for me it was..

Old February 26th 06, 11:07 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 16:43:29 -0500, Robbie McFerren
wrote:

Theodore Baldwin Boothe III wrote:
For a Socket 939 AMD board I am suppose to have a 24-pin power
connector right?

If so, does this case' power supply have 24 pin connector?

Can't find anywhere that it says 24-pin or not
help

Just toss it and get a decent power supply like a thermaltake, you will
be happier in the long run.

So you're saying spend $40~ on the case [or any case ] and buy a
separate power supply made by theramtake with 24 pin connector?
If so, can you suggest a box and which power supply would be any good?

thanks

Old February 26th 06, 11:14 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Robbie McFerren wrote:
Just toss it and get a decent power supply like a thermaltake,
you will be happier in the long run.

The Codegen specifies 14A. on the +12V. rail, which could
be on the low side for many applications. I always buy my
cases locally since shipping costs kills the deal, and UPS can
be pretty rough.

Old February 26th 06, 11:32 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Theodore wrote:
There is only one picture of the group which even show
the PINS and that picture is to small to see the details of
the PINS. At least for me it was..

Looks like the 20+4 convertible connector from here!

Old February 27th 06, 12:06 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 22:39:10 GMT, Peasant wrote:

Theodore Baldwin Boothe III wrote:

So you're saying spend $40~ on the case [or any case ] and buy a
separate power supply made by theramtake with 24 pin connector?
If so, can you suggest a box and which power supply would be any good?

thanks

If you want to save a bit of money and get a case with a decent PSU then
your only real option is to buy an Antec case. The PSU's they include
are decent. Most PSU's these days support both 20/24pin. It should say
in the specs if it is 20 or 24 pin.

Yes it 'should' but when I do searches on newegg about 1/2 do not
mention the pin numbers. So when you search it's a big guess.
I had to take images of the cases and zoom in using paint to just see
the blurred lines made by the pins on the psu in each case, even then
it was hard to say what I was seeing.

The # of pins should be one of the options on newegg when searching
for a case IMHO..

Old February 27th 06, 12:08 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 22:14:46 GMT, "Fishface" ?
wrote:

Robbie McFerren wrote:
Just toss it and get a decent power supply like a thermaltake,
you will be happier in the long run.

The Codegen specifies 14A. on the +12V. rail, which could
be on the low side for many applications. I always buy my
cases locally since shipping costs kills the deal, and UPS can
be pretty rough.

Where I live, the only places that even sell cases in bestbuy and
there options/prices are not good. It is kinda laughable when I see
those prices bestbuy has for things 'in store'.

anyway..

Old February 27th 06, 12:17 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Theodore wrote:
If so, can you suggest a box and which power supply would be any
good?

What exactly are you putting in there?