Off topic....looking for som Nvidia chip set drivers

Old April 1st 10, 02:44 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Billy Smitty

Default Off topic....looking for som Nvidia chip set drivers

Hello, I have been looking for nVIDIA ForceWare drivers (to update) the
North Bridge: nVIDIA nForce2 SPP (Crush18) chipset. My machine is old (A7n8x
Deluxe AMD Athlon XP, Barton Core, Corsair XMS CMX512-3200LL (twin), nVIDIA
GeForce 6600 AGP (Asus N6600) Video Adapter.

Could some one help please? TIA

Old April 2nd 10, 02:31 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Thomas Andersson

Billy Smitty wrote:
Hello, I have been looking for nVIDIA ForceWare drivers (to update)
the North Bridge: nVIDIA nForce2 SPP (Crush18) chipset. My machine is
old (A7n8x Deluxe AMD Athlon XP, Barton Core, Corsair XMS
CMX512-3200LL (twin), nVIDIA GeForce 6600 AGP (Asus N6600) Video
Adapter.
Could some one help please? TIA

alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus would likely be a better option.
http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_udp_winxp_2.45.html should work.

Old April 3rd 10, 09:37 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
deimos[_2_]

On 4/1/2010 8:44 AM, Billy Smitty wrote:
Hello, I have been looking for nVIDIA ForceWare drivers (to update) the
North Bridge: nVIDIA nForce2 SPP (Crush18) chipset. My machine is old (A7n8x
Deluxe AMD Athlon XP, Barton Core, Corsair XMS CMX512-3200LL (twin), nVIDIA
GeForce 6600 AGP (Asus N6600) Video Adapter.

Could some one help please? TIA

These worked perfectly fine for me up until I stopped using the same board:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_udp_winxp_5.10.html

You can add a slightly newer audio driver too:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_...2_win2kxp.html

You could also use Realtek drivers (the codec is an ALC662 I think).

There have been serveral community remixes with the newer driver
versions over the years but no real improvement in my experience
(stability and performance about the same).

http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/nforce-drivers-f28.html

Now if you want Vista/7 drivers, I dunno .

Old May 14th 10, 03:48 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
bardman

Billy Smitty wrote:
Hello, I have been looking for nVIDIA ForceWare drivers (to update) the
North Bridge: nVIDIA nForce2 SPP (Crush18) chipset. My machine is old (A7n8x
Deluxe AMD Athlon XP, Barton Core, Corsair XMS CMX512-3200LL (twin), nVIDIA
GeForce 6600 AGP (Asus N6600) Video Adapter.

Could some one help please? TIA
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

i http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_udp_winxp_2.45.html

nvidia website has legacy drivers still there