Max Temperature

Old February 21st 04, 05:54 AM
Mr Jones

I ran that. Sorry about the attachments. I lost my head! I've been using
newsgroups for over a decade, I knew better than that.

"Skid" wrote in message
There is no such thing as butting in on usenet, Mr. jone, but there is

such
a thing as posting binary attachments in a non-binary newsgroup. In your
case, the Prime95 errors could just as easily be caused by memory as the
cpu. Try MemTest86, a free memory checker that runs from a boot floppy.

"Mr Jones" wrote in message
I've taken the liberty of attaching two screen shot that give info on

the
chip and system.

The ambient temp in the room is about 65. The motherboard stays around

32-33
during torture time, and 30 otherwise. At idle, the chip is hanging

around
at 37c. I'll be happy to offer any other info necessary to critique my
system. Thanks for the detailed response. Lots of good info.

Tim

Old February 21st 04, 06:00 AM
Mr Jones

I agree, but I had it typed before I knew it and I figured it would be
obvious what I meant. A couple of months ago, I pulled my fan off the chip
and didn't do anything to the paste before reinstalling it. That's probably
bad, but once again, I wasn't thinking.

"Phil Weldon" wrote in message
k.net...
If your CPU idle temperture is 37 degrees C and your room ambient
temperature is 65 F and you are using Windows 2000 or later, something is
badly wrong with your heatsink/fan or its installation, and your

motherboard
temperature shows there is something badly wrong with your system case
ventilation; a difference of 12 to 14 degrees C between your motherboard
temperature and your room ambient temperature is abnormally high. This is
assuming that you don't live on the doorstep to hell and your room ambient
temperature is not 65 degrees C (which would be 149 F... it is not a good
idea to mix temperature scales, especially if you don't identify which

scale
is used EACH time.)

--
Phil Weldon, pweldonatmindjumpdotcom