New cooling project...

Old September 8th 04, 10:17 PM
TheShiverer

Default New cooling project...

I've decided that it's time for a new project, so I've
been looking at cooling solutions for my P4 2.4c
clocked to 3.2GHz. It's completely air cooled and
makes a fair bit of noise. It also pumps out enough
hot air to keep the computer room nice and warm
when the weather takes a turn for the worst.

And it's that "nice and warm" effect that lead me to
consider this latest, new project...

England may not be the coldest country on the planet,
but it's more than cold enough for me. I like warmth.
Cold hurts. It makes my fingers and toes numb,
causes snot to drip down my face in a steady stream
and makes me late for work on a morning because I'm
reluctant to get out of bed.

Now, this house has central heating. There are radiators
in every room and a boiler in the kitchen. Unfortunately,
the cost of living in this damn country beggars belief, so
there are many a time I'll just sit at the computer shivering
away like a shiverer that shivers. (Like now.)

I don't like shivering. It hurts.

That's when this idea hit me: a cooling project for my PC
that not only keeps the temperatures low inside the case
and reduces the noise that my main machine makes, but
also keeps the room warm. Hell, keeps the ENTIRE house
warm! And what's more it'll reduce my heating bills, which
is good for my pocket. And good for the environment.

I'll feel a damn sight better all-round. And it won't hurt.

Now this is where I need some help from the overclocking
community. I want to water cool my PC, but I want the
warm water to be fed directly into the boiler in the kitchen.
From there it'll be used for any number of things: running
the radiators, taking a lovely warm bath, washing up after
a meal and any number of other uses for warm water I
can think of. Hell, I might even be able to overclock the
deck even further.

So, the quesion is: what's the best way to go about
doing this? Could I manage it all on my own, without the
extortionate expense of a plumber? Would I need to
replace my boiler with something that doesn't need to
boil any more? Could I also run a turbine from the
not-a-boiler-anymore to generate electricity too? (Thus
reducing my outgoings even further. And helping establish
a greener environment.) And, finally, should I patent my
idea? Would it be a commercially marketable product?

Any feedback from the community would be greatly
appreciated. Thanks folks.

Oh, yeah - one last thing... How long does sperm live
for in a tin can? (They kinda wriggle, right? I bet there's
some alternative use for their little tails in the electricity
generation area. I'll have to look into this some more.)

Old September 9th 04, 01:36 AM
Richard Hopkins

"TheShiverer" wrote in message
I've decided that it's time for a new project, Snip!

You *are* joking, right? :-D

--

Richard Hopkins
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

Old September 9th 04, 03:04 AM
Orbital Defence

Hmm he must be talking about a dual CPu board

Ive got one heating my WHOLE house now , nice warm baths as well :-P

On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 22:17:30 +0100, "TheShiverer"
wrote:

[...]

From there it'll be used for any number of things: running
[...]

HELLO NURSE.

Water cooling? Which one? Silvertip Overclocking 0 August 4th 04 05:29 AM
Cooling Project (Can you feel the breeze?) Keikan General 1 August 1st 04 04:44 PM
Salvage Server Project Ablang General 0 July 27th 04 02:30 AM
Whats the best water cooling system out their ? Phil Weldon Overclocking 2 June 19th 04 03:28 PM
Is liquid cooling any good? James A. Donald Overclocking 30 December 12th 03 12:55 PM