Hp LaserJet 4000 Will Not Print to Tray 2

Old March 12th 08, 01:47 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

Default Hp LaserJet 4000 Will Not Print to Tray 2

Hello,

I am trying to trouble shoot our offices HP LaserJet 4000. For some
reason, the printer insists on printing for Tray 1 (the flip out one
on the top front), and will not print from Tray 2. I have checked the
settings on all of our office's computers, and the correct paper sizes
are set, and the tray order is correct.

It wouldn't be so bad, except whenever the printer prints from Tray 1,
about 6 sheets get sucked through at once causing a jam about half the
time.

So while I'd like Tray 2 work,k if anyone has any tips with the Tray 1
probably, I'll take them! :-)

I believe this is an error on the printer side, as it is an issue with
any computer on our network, which includes Windows XP, Windows Vista,
and Mac OS X machines.

Thank you for all your help,

Lint
Old March 13th 08, 06:10 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Tony[_2_]

wrote:
[...]

If the PC settings are correct then you need to check the printer settings.
Print a configuration page to see if the printer settings for the trays match
the ones in the PC's. If there is a mismatch you need to change the printer
settings from the printers control panel. The user manual will explain how.
If tray 1 is multi feeding you need to replace the separation pad (and the feed
roller) in tray 1.

Tony
MS MVP Printing/Imaging