my (aweful) PNY experience

Old September 5th 04, 05:36 PM
Jeff B

GTX_SlotCar wrote:

Jeff, as a side note, don't judge all eVga 6800GTs by the one you're using
now. Mine goes to 415 core and 1170 memory (585x2) and is stable. Funny
though, I can blow a fan right on it and the core or memory won't go higher.
I put AS5 on the gpu and polished the bottom of the ramsink (took the paint
off) and filed down the standoffs for a closer fit to the memory, used AS5
on that, and it still won't clock higher. It runs quite a bit cooler, though
:-) I guess the card is at its limit.

No complaint about the eVGA card, although I'm dissappoited it won't
meet spec, that's just the luck of the draw. It does a great job on Doom3.

The repacement PNY card severly overheated. I didn't go to great
lengths to fix it, I just re seated the HS, applied new thermal grease,
and the temp dropped down by 40C.

As one who has just gone through a video card problem (lucky for me newegg
ended up taking care of it), I understand your frustration. I hope Outpost
sends you a new card. If not, maybe you'll get lucky with PNY and get your
old card back :-)

We'll see. What I don't understand is how 'Mac Cool' figures that
I'm the bad guy here, and getting screwed by PNY is exactly what I deserve.

It's kind of ironic. Someone, somewhere, has returned a card to PNY and will
receive your old card and tell everyone how great it works and how great
PNY's warranty is.

No kidding!

Jeff B

Old September 5th 04, 05:58 PM
Jeff B

Werent you the same guy whining weeks ago about how you didnt like some
card, and were actively spamming the heck out this group trying to sell it
because they were so scarce at the time and you thought it was a crap card?

No, I'm pretty sure that was 'kill Bill'. He's the only guy dumb enough
to tell the newsgroup that the card he's trying to sell is a "crap card".

Old September 5th 04, 07:19 PM
Mr. Brian Allen

No, I'm pretty sure that was 'kill Bill'. He's the only guy dumb enough
to tell the newsgroup that the card he's trying to sell is a "crap card".

That is funny.

Old September 5th 04, 09:03 PM
Mac Cool

Jeff B:

1. I did NOT get screwed by the purchase of a PNY card.
The card worked perectly.
2. Buying a PNY card was not a bad idea since it worked perfectly.

What about after the sale?

If I had not sent my original card back, there would not have been
any "after the sale" problem.

But you did send it back... and there is an 'after the sale' problem
according to you. I just don't understand why you are bitching about PNY
on the one hand and defending them on the other. I'm starting to think
that Kill Bill's comment about you being a moron was actually correct.
The point is, ANYONE can sell you something that works and ANYONE can
sell you something that doesn't work; the DIFFERENCE between a good
company and a bad company is how they handle an unsatisfied customer.

What wrong doing did I accuse?

Complaining because I was sent someone elses reject from PNY. Your
comment was that anyone who has the misfortune of getting a defective
product deserves whatever happens to them.

Quote it. You're just making **** up. I never wrote that.
--
Mac Cool
Old September 6th 04, 12:55 AM
JonnyWad

Jeff B wrote in message news:%EF_c.378567$%_6.318070@attbi_s01...
StarQuake wrote:

The issue of having different 2d/3d clock speeds is not unique to PNY - my
Point Of View card had the same problems.

All ok since syncing the 2 speeds.

Paul

I've tried 3 different cards, PNY, BFG, evGA. The BFG and evga worked
fine at different 2d/3d speeds. the PNY did not.

How did you sync the clocks? I found that the 2d and 3d list of values
are different.

Try using the up/down arrow on your keyboard, genius. Or do you have
another sob story about how your 100 dollar wireless keyboard
conflicts with your wireless router and the arrow keys don't work but
they won't take it back because it's past 14 days and they screwed you
again...blah blah blah...LOL
Old September 6th 04, 01:49 AM
Jeff B

But you did send it back... and there is an 'after the sale' problem
according to you.

No, there is a "sent me someone elses reject problem", which, by the way,
happened after the sale.

I just don't understand why you are bitching about PNY
on the one hand and defending them on the other.

You definitely need to see an eye doctor, or perhaps you should try
not getting my posts mixed up with someone elses. I never said
anything that could be remotely construded as "defending PNY".
I have done exactly the opposite.

I'm starting to think
that Kill Bill's comment about you being a moron was actually correct.

So, you lie about what I said, then you falsely accuse me of
being a moron. I like guys like you who have nothing better to do
than make up stuff, then viciously attack ppl just for fun.
That shows real class. Of course anyone who has been reading your posts
for anytime has seen you do this to others, not just me.

Complaining because I was sent someone elses reject from PNY. Your
comment was that anyone who has the misfortune of getting a defective
product deserves whatever happens to them.

Quote it. You're just making **** up. I never wrote that.

Liar. Check your 9/4/2004 4:26 post, your words:

"You took your chances, got
screwed, come here bitching"

So, I'm the bad guy for "complaining". I guess I deserve to
"get screwed" by PNY cause I "took a chance" by buying their card.
At least according to you.

You see, you can't get away with lying cause your posts stay on the
server.

Old September 6th 04, 02:05 AM
Jeff B

As long as you lie about what I said, viciously attack me,
I will defend myself. And stop saying "I never said that", it's on the
server as I've pointed out elsewhere.

You are the one that has a problem with every video card he gets,

Now I'm suppose to apolgize for getting a bad card? Oh, that's right,
it's all my fault, I'm just "getting what I deserve". PNY has
exemplary warranty protection.

you are
the one that bitches about PNY on one hand and then defends them on the
other, you are the one who keeps sending back perfectly good cards because
the won't overclock enough or because they act wonky on your 300W PS.

Provide a quote/timestamp, or stop with the false accusations.
Or continue the smear campain and this thread will go on forever,
or at least until you reach puberty.

Jeff B

Old September 6th 04, 02:15 AM
Mac Cool

Jeff B:

So, you lie about what I said

Quote it. More bull****.

Of course anyone who has been reading your
posts for anytime has seen you do this to others, not just me.

Proof?

Quote it. You're just making **** up. I never wrote that.

Liar. Check your 9/4/2004 4:26 post, your words:

"You took your chances, got
screwed, come here bitching"

So what, I never wrote that you deserved getting screwed nor did I ever
accuse you of any wrong doing. Now, either put up or shut up.

So, I'm the bad guy for "complaining". I guess I deserve to
"get screwed" by PNY cause I "took a chance" by buying their card.
At least according to you.

You see, you can't get away with lying cause your posts stay on the
server.

Quote it.
Put up or shut up.
--
Mac Cool
Old September 6th 04, 02:40 AM
Jeff B

Liar. Check your 9/4/2004 4:26 post, your words:

"You took your chances, got
screwed, come here bitching"

So what,

So I quoted you accurately, proving that you accused me of wrongdoing
(bitching). The implication of your statement,
which you now don't deny, is that I have no cause to complain
for receiving a defective replacement card ("come here bitching"). Or
are you now
changing your story to say that I have every right to complain?
Well, which is it? Choose one version and stick with it.

I never wrote that you deserved getting screwed nor did I ever
accuse you of any wrong doing.

Liar, you accused me of "whining" and "bitching". And don't make the
mistake *again* of saying "I never said that". It's on the server,
ppl will see you are the liar, not me.

Now, either put up or shut up.

your 9/4/2004 4:26 post, your words:

"You took your chances, got
screwed, come here bitching"

My original post was STRICTLY to warn others of the fact that PNY has
a deplorable warranty policy of sending out other peoples
rejects as warranty replacements. Most ppl took that the right way,
that I was doing a service to the unsuspecting. You took it
as an opening to launch a vicious smear campain, name calling,
false accusations, etc. Seems you are the type of
person who thinks this type of behavior is 'fun'. That is
pathetic.

Jeff B

Old September 6th 04, 02:58 AM
Kill Bill

"Jeff B" wrote in message

Werent you the same guy whining weeks ago about how you didnt like some
card, and were actively spamming the heck out this group trying to sell
it
because they were so scarce at the time and you thought it was a crap
card?

No, I'm pretty sure that was 'kill Bill'. He's the only guy dumb enough
to tell the newsgroup that the card he's trying to sell is a "crap card".

No, that was you and everybody here knows it you little prick.
http://tinyurl.com/5mlqq Keep your ****ing lies to yourself.