Mis-representation ?

Old December 15th 03, 03:01 PM
Nick Le Lievre

Default Mis-representation ?

Hi;

I bought this item on eBay
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=2769544 241
on the basis of the information given which is the PCs recognise the card
but will not load the drivers. I have not recieved the card yet but I`m
starting to worry that I have not been given an honest auction description
as it would appear to be.

The most common genuine "fault" with these Creative Ti4400 cards is bad ram
which is obvious from the screen corruption there is no mention of screen
corruption in the auction description - so a correct representation would
not mention screen corruption which it does not. However there is a
possibility that the screen corruption only occurs once the drivers have
loaded giving him a great reason to pretend he could not get the drivers
loaded.

This auction
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tegory=27 387
clearly states the problem I`m referring too and I would not have bid on it.

I have seen screen corruption on my own Ti4200 when you overclock the
graphics memory too high this is only possible when the drivers are loaded
obviously - maybe I will be able to clock the memory lower slowing down the
card as a way around it - but I feel that if screen corruption occurs it
will be obvious to me when I test it and that I have a right to feel
cheated.

As I say don`t actually have the item yet - whats your view ?

Old December 15th 03, 03:25 PM
Andy

"Nick Le Lievre" wrote in message
[...]

If someone said i'm selling a faulty Ti4400 graphics card for £38 i'd laugh
in their face.
Goes to show you can sell bloody anything on ebay

Old December 15th 03, 03:40 PM
Nick Le Lievre

"Andy" wrote in message

[...]

We don`t know for sure that it is faulty it is auctioned as faulty/not
working the description leads me to believe it is more not working then
faulty - the description on the other auction leads me to believe that is
geniunely faulty.

Its possible the screen corruption issue happens at POST regardless of
whether the driver loads and I feel that it should be mentioned to not
mention it is too deliberately mislead or misrepresent. You may say its as
simple as how can you misrepresent a faulty item but I think its wrong to
lie or not mention a faulty when selling an item as faulty given the
information already provided it would seem it could be a deliberate attempt
to sell something known faulty as not-working faulty.

Not working isn`t faulty.

Old December 15th 03, 03:42 PM
Nick Le Lievre

"Alex Quant" wrote in message
"Nick Le Lievre" wrote in message
Hi;

I bought this item on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=2769544 241
on the basis of the information given which is the PCs recognise the

card
but will not load the drivers. I have not recieved the card yet but I`m
starting to worry that I have not been given an honest auction

description
as it would appear to be.

[..]

As I say don`t actually have the item yet - whats your view ?

So, the item was advertised as "faulty" with the disclaimer "This card is
auctioned as not working" (mentioned twice!). You took the risk, and now

you
are trying to wriggle out of it by claiming the seller might be trying to
pull a fast one!!? Amazing.

Not nothing is concrete yet I haven`t got the card but I will be ****ed if
the cards got the screen corruption problem and find it hard to believe he
just "couldn`t load the drivers"

Old December 15th 03, 03:51 PM
Conor

In article ,=20
says...
Hi;
=20
I bought this item on eBay
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...7387&item=3D2=
769544241
on the basis of the information given which is the PCs recognise the card
but will not load the drivers. I have not recieved the card yet but I`m
starting to worry that I have not been given an honest auction descriptio=

as it would appear to be.
=20
As I say don`t actually have the item yet - whats your view ?
=20

You're an idiot for even bidding on it. If it doesn't work then you=20
have no comeback. Did you even read the description before bidding?

Part 1:
" This card is auctioned as not working."

Part 2:
" I cannot guarantee it will Be recognized by any other computer and if=20
the drivers do load correctly I cannot guarantee there isn=3D3Ft another=20
problem . the card is auctioned as not working"

I think I'd say that was a pretty honest description and clearly points=20
out it doesn't work. He's selling it as a non worker. If you leave=20
negtive feedback for this reason then it confirms you're an arse and I=20
woudl expect you'd be given feedback along the lines of "Yet another=20
moron who does't read descriptions properly.".

You have confirmed that you are the kind of person who'd buy those =A32=20
10GB SCSI HDDs at the local computer fair and expect them to work.

Nick, this is fate giving you a well deserved kicking for all the crap=20
you've dished out to people unfortunate enough to deal with you.

--=20
Conor

A high I.Q is like a Jeep. You still get stuck, just further from help.
Old December 15th 03, 03:57 PM
Nick Le Lievre

"Conor" wrote in message
In article ,
says...
Hi;

I bought this item on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=2769544 241
on the basis of the information given which is the PCs recognise the card
but will not load the drivers. I have not recieved the card yet but I`m
starting to worry that I have not been given an honest auction description
as it would appear to be.

As I say don`t actually have the item yet - whats your view ?

You're an idiot for even bidding on it. If it doesn't work then you
have no comeback. Did you even read the description before bidding?

Part 1:
" This card is auctioned as not working."

Part 2:

" I cannot guarantee it will Be recognized by any other computer and if
the drivers do load correctly I cannot guarantee there isn=3Ft another
problem . the card is auctioned as not working"

I think I'd say that was a pretty honest description and clearly points
out it doesn't work. He's selling it as a non worker. If you leave
negtive feedback for this reason then it confirms you're an arse and I
woudl expect you'd be given feedback along the lines of "Yet another
moron who does't read descriptions properly.".

You have confirmed that you are the kind of person who'd buy those £2
10GB SCSI HDDs at the local computer fair and expect them to work.

Nick, this is fate giving you a well deserved kicking for all the crap
you've dished out to people unfortunate enough to deal with you.

Firstly nothings concrete yet I can`t confirm one way or the other - if the
screen corruption problem is there and is there at POST I will leave
negative feedback for omitting this rather important fact from the auction
description if in fact the screen corruption only occurs if and when I can
get drivers loading then I will give him the benefit of the doubt (I may be
able to slow the memory down if its that type of problem)

The infomation I have is the screen corruption is along the lines of
chequered board effects on the screen etc even at POST which is faulty plain
and simple not I couldn`t get the drivers loaded. Im not complaining I knew
the risks but if crucial information has been omitted I will be annoyed.

Old December 15th 03, 04:12 PM
Peter James

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=2769544 2

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...category=27 3
87
clearly states the problem I`m referring too and I would not have bid on

it.

I have seen screen corruption on my own Ti4200 when you overclock the
graphics memory too high this is only possible when the drivers are

loaded
obviously - maybe I will be able to clock the memory lower slowing down

the
card as a way around it - but I feel that if screen corruption occurs it
will be obvious to me when I test it and that I have a right to feel
cheated.

As I say don`t actually have the item yet - whats your view ?

If someone said i'm selling a faulty Ti4400 graphics card for £38 i'd

laugh
in their face.
Goes to show you can sell bloody anything on ebay

Too true. The winner placed his one and only bid 32 seconds before the end
of the 7 day auction. Click before reading perhaps?

Old December 15th 03, 04:20 PM
BF

If I sold you a car and told you it doesn't run, would you buy it
anyway thinking it just might run for you? How much more honest can
this seller be. He is telling you it doesn't work and you don't
believe him. I don't understand what you are saying.

Old December 15th 03, 04:23 PM
frankie.boy

[...]

from the auction -

'I cannot guarantee it will Be recognized by any other computer and if the
drivers do load correctly I cannot guarantee there isn't another problem .
the card is auctioned as not working '

seems fairly clear.

Old December 15th 03, 04:31 PM
Nick Le Lievre

"BF" wrote in message
t...
If I sold you a car and told you it doesn't run, would you buy it
anyway thinking it just might run for you? How much more honest can
this seller be. He is telling you it doesn't work and you don't
believe him. I don't understand what you are saying.

If you sold me a car and said it doesn`t run "I`ve tried but I don`t know
how to fill it with petrol" - I might take a gamble and buy it thinking I
might be able to figure out how to fill it with petrol and it would run. If
however it doesn`t start when the tank is full I`d suspect you knew this and
were just saying you didn`t know how to fill it with petrol in order to con
me.